What's new

What next?

Reaction score
Country
I'll keep it at a reasonable level for now for my own sake. I have a spec r, standard turbo, 3" exhaust, decat, gtr fuel pump, 555c injectors, link ecu. As far as I can tell everything else is standard engine wise. Basically I'm aiming for a 500+hp car, currently 330ish at the fly.

I know I need a turbo upgrade, any ideas what I should be looking at? I'm looking at cams but the vvt has started to make a disgusting noise so should I keep it or get rid? What cams are worth buying?

The car is eventually gunna be roughly a 80/20 split daily/track car, if that makes any difference.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Personally over 450 I would be forging the bottom end. Minor overbore to 86.5mm pistons and some decent rods bearings etc.
Turbo wise if you want to keep it responsive Garret gtx , Owen dev hta or my personal fave borg Warner , depends on what manifold etc you run / want to run. Twin scroll set ups are mega , I have full race for mine . There are some awesome turbos about atm so plenty to chose from
Cams wise tomei cams are nice , drop in poncams give a nice whack of midrange they do 270 and 280 deg cams too with gears if you want to go that route although most keep it .
Will need bigger injectors too I should imagine 740 at least and probably a larger fuel pump ( unsure what the gtr flows ? )

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Personally over 450 I would be forging the bottom end. Minor overbore to 86.5mm pistons and some decent rods bearings etc.
Turbo wise if you want to keep it responsive Garret gtx , Owen dev hta or my personal fave borg Warner , depends on what manifold etc you run / want to run. Twin scroll set ups are mega , I have full race for mine . There are some awesome turbos about atm so plenty to chose from
Cams wise tomei cams are nice , drop in poncams give a nice whack of midrange they do 270 and 280 deg cams too with gears if you want to go that route although most keep it .
Will need bigger injectors too I should imagine 740 at least and probably a larger fuel pump ( unsure what the gtr flows ? )
Not gunna lie, a few bits in that meant nothing to me. I was thinking fully forged internals anyway, better valves and springs and some cams, bigger turbo, think is though I dont want loads of lag, I like the standard one for that reason. The turbo and twin scroll part though lost me. What's the advantage of going 740 over 1000 for the injectors?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Not gunna lie, a few bits in that meant nothing to me. I was thinking fully forged internals anyway, better valves and springs and some cams, bigger turbo, think is though I dont want loads of lag, I like the standard one for that reason. The turbo and twin scroll part though lost me. What's the advantage of going 740 over 1000 for the injectors?
That’s cool , should be a nice set up ! Supertech parts are good , what I will be running on my ve , I have their springs retainers , valves , guides , stem seals the lot . Mazworx use them on all their builds and have nothing bad to say about them .
Twin scroll nice article on the benefits Twin Scroll Turbo System Design - Modified Magazine . I would personally look at the borg Warner efr 7163 , amazing turbo for response and power .
No advantage injector wise really if you go for something like injector dynamics they do some lovely injectors was just saying you would need minimum that size to run the power you’re after .

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
That’s cool , should be a nice set up ! Supertech parts are good , what I will be running on my ve , I have their springs retainers , valves , guides , stem seals the lot . Mazworx use them on all their builds and have nothing bad to say about them .
Twin scroll nice article on the benefits Twin Scroll Turbo System Design - Modified Magazine . I would personally look at the borg Warner efr 7163 , amazing turbo for response and power .
No advantage injector wise really if you go for something like injector dynamics they do some lovely injectors was just saying you would need minimum that size to run the power you’re after .
Sound, I'll have to have a read of that, when I get some spare time. I have plenty of time to look up and do some research. You've given me a starting point though. Next stage for the car though is body work, and get rid of some un needed parts, just a general tidy up. Cheers again mate