What's new

OEM Aero Side Skirts and Spats

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Any advice is appreciated.

I have just bought aero side skirts and spats and i'm not %100 sold on drilling holes in the body under the door to fit them the oem way. Does anyone have any genius ideas or advice that may help me, or do I have to grow up and try and get it perfect by using the oem method?

I understand how they fit in the wheel arches and im guessing people use rivnut inserts underneath the body by the sill for the tabs on the bottom? But apart from that im not sure how to go about it whilst still being strong and with perfect fitment.

Please Help :decision:

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
just use something like tiger seal and bond them on. thats how mine were fitted.
Yeah I was thinking that but there doesn’t seem to be much of the skirt that touches the body under the door and I would worry there would be a gap or it would sag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
I swear there’s a couple holes already there you can use underneath the car, and some of the others are covered by bungs but need threading (using rivnuts). Maybe I’m dreaming. Tommyfyeah on YouTube did a video where he installed them on an originally non-aero car - might be useful.

LONGEST INSTALL EVER!!?? - YouTube

^ that video I think

I personally wouldn’t have drilled all the ones in the sides of the car for the silly little yellow plastic clips. Although mine has said holes and fittings, they aren’t being used to hold the skirts on. Just got bolts underneath and double sided tape for the top.

Last edited:

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
I personally wouldn’t have drilled all the ones in the sides of the car for the silly little yellow plastic clips. Although mine has said holes and fittings, they aren’t being used to hold the skirts on. Just got bolts underneath and double sided tape for the top.
Yeah that’s great mate funnily enough I just saw that video and it made me not want to use those plastic clips even more so I think I’m going to try this method first and see how it goes
Thanks!

Reaction score
Country
Yeah that’s great mate funnily enough I just saw that video and it made me not want to use those plastic clips even more so I think I’m going to try this method first and see how it goes
Thanks!

Haha no worries!

I only started to take notice of him recently to be honest because he has an S15 in the US and he’s so unbelievably thorough with all the details of the “build” which is interesting to watch. Wish I had that sorta money

You’d be surprised how solid just the bolts on the bottom make it. Tape is only there to stop the top peeling away.

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Yeah his builds are ridiculous! All those zinc plated parts are awesome! Yeah that’s good to know mate thanks