What's new

overboost....still!!!

Reaction score
i believe, my car is still overboosting. the defi' is peak warn at 1bar... and i sometimes see that flash when goin' for it.

basically, i'm running just the actuator straight off the hotpipe. no EBC.

I thought it could be a faulty standard actuator, so i've changed that, and now have a HKS adjustable.

The arm on it, is as long as it can be, without the wastegate being completely open.

So, i guess, what i'm basically askin' is, what's the lowest amount of boost that can be run on the HKS actuator?

the gauge appears to be just wobbling which is causing the peak to flash, but still,... i'd rather have the actuator boost lower, and then bring it up with the EBC!

cheers :)

Reaction score
well, i was told less by apex... but maybe you're right.

could do with jono and nicely seeing this, cause i believe both of them have one too...

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
when u havce time u can pop over to see mine to check it ....but not till next week some time car in the workshop now

Reaction score
lookin' and comparing won't solve the problem though.

it's all installed ok,.... the only other thing i can think of doing, is "spacing" the actuator from it's mounting plate. Where it bolts onto it's plate, put a couple washers so that i can make the actuator arm longer.... this then should drop boost some more.

anyone else got any other ideas on what could be the problem?

Reaction score
will do... what sorta number should i be lookin' for?

surely something real low like 0.4, 0.5 bar???