What's new

Front Bumper Sag Fix?

Reaction score
Country
The front bumper on my car is sagging where it’s missing the front pair of bolts where it attaches to the front wings. I notice there’s a square hole the same as the rear pair of bolts for a plastic insert.

Where can I get this plastic insert or is there a better solution to fix the issue?

Also the bumper under the passenger side light is weirdly deformed as if it wasn’t moulded properly when it was made in the factory. Don’t know if that’s common or not.

Anyway, thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Country
The front bumper on my car is sagging where it’s missing the front pair of bolts where it attaches to the front wings. I notice there’s a square hole the same as the rear pair of bolts for a plastic insert.

Where can I get this plastic insert or is there a better solution to fix the issue?

Also the bumper under the passenger side light is weirdly deformed as if it wasn’t moulded properly when it was made in the factory. Don’t know if that’s common or not.

Anyway, thanks in advance!
I've been fighting with similar issues on my front bumper where it meets the fender driver side.

I believe the plastic things are called screw grommets. I bought some but couldn't find a proper fit and they kept failing and pulling out (giggety) which left a nasty gap between bumper and fender.

I'm the end the bumper got repaired anyway by the one and only peglio (who did a farking excellent job I might add) and he fixed it on with good ol' nuts and bolts and some penny washers etc instead of the grommets so maybe ght be worth trying something like that? Also fibreglassed washers into the bumper as the mounting holes were quite weak on mine (nismo bumper)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
I've been fighting with similar issues on my front bumper where it meets the fender driver side.

I believe the plastic things are called screw grommets. I bought some but couldn't find a proper fit and they kept failing and pulling out (giggety) which left a nasty gap between bumper and fender.

I'm the end the bumper got repaired anyway by the one and only peglio (who did a farking excellent job I might add) and he fixed it on with good ol' nuts and bolts and some penny washers etc instead of the grommets so maybe ght be worth trying something like that? Also fibreglassed washers into the bumper as the mounting holes were quite weak on mine (nismo bumper)

Yeah peglio did an awesome job of my rear bumper as well. My front one has been repainted at some point in it’s life before I had it and it’s a ****e job - colour is decent but the actual quality of the job isn’t.

Nice and simple I guess, think I might just give that a try to be honest.

Reaction score
Country
Yeah peglio did an awesome job of my rear bumper as well. My front one has been repainted at some point in it’s life before I had it and it’s a ****e job - colour is decent but the actual quality of the job isn’t.

Nice and simple I guess, think I might just give that a try to be honest.
The only thing I don't understand is how on earth he got bolts/nuts up in the large forward fixing holes on the fender as I could never get a hand in there :D

Reaction score
Country
The only thing I don't understand is how on earth he got bolts/nuts up in the large forward fixing holes on the fender as I could never get a hand in there :D

Well hopefully he’ll be along some time soon to explain how he did it

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I’m used to getting in places I’m not meant to be 🤣
I used some 20mm m6 bolts with penny washers and nyloc nuts , I always change out the plastic screw fixings as they are generally old and crap .
Easiest way is to drop the bolt and washer through from the top then slide the bumper onto the bolt and nut it from underneath , can jack the car up but usually get away with just full locking the wheels

Reaction score
Country
I’m used to getting in places I’m not meant to be 🤣
I used some 20mm m6 bolts with penny washers and nyloc nuts , I always change out the plastic screw fixings as they are generally old and crap .
Easiest way is to drop the bolt and washer through from the top then slide the bumper onto the bolt and nut it from underneath , can jack the car up but usually get away with just full locking the wheels
Sweet, thanks! I think I have all of those things in my tool box.

Sucks having arms 12 feet long for jobs like this though You need like 4 elbows haha..