What's new

Caliper rebuild kits?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Conceptua tuning normally do all the parts you'd need, they also rebuild them for you and do custom paint or they did when I used them.

Reaction score
Country
On the theme of caliper rebuild kits, what about the rear calipers? Mine are really sticky - not looking to upgrade them, I just want to rebuild the calipers and use good discs and pads.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
For discs I used a company called brakedepot and got some grooved discs. They were fine and a good price but mine were for Z32 conversion, 200sx/s14/s15 look the same but use a solid disc. Mtec brakes I've used too and they were good price for drilled and grooved. Having said all this it's far better to go with a 2 pot conversion with integral handbrake and ventilated discs from a z32/r33 but it's a lot more involved needing the backplates, cables, calipers, hoses and internals as well as discs and pads. I had this setup with braided lines, stock bmc, bmc stopperand k sport 8 pot 330mm fronts and that thing stopped!!!

Reaction score
Country
For discs I used a company called brakedepot and got some grooved discs. They were fine and a good price but mine were for Z32 conversion, 200sx/s14/s15 look the same but use a solid disc. Mtec brakes I've used too and they were good price for drilled and grooved. Having said all this it's far better to go with a 2 pot conversion with integral handbrake and ventilated discs from a z32/r33 but it's a lot more involved needing the backplates, cables, calipers, hoses and internals as well as discs and pads. I had this setup with braided lines, stock bmc, bmc stopperand k sport 8 pot 330mm fronts and that thing stopped!!!
Yeah I’ve been looking at the Mtec discs for the same reason. With the black coating, rears are just under £70 for a pair which is pretty damn decent. For how I use the car and what I use it for I really can’t be bothered with doing a full on conversion.

What can I do about a rear caliper rebuild kit though?

Reaction score
Country
If you contact them directly they will source them for you direct from japan. they import stuff all the time but as said mainly honda stuff so they dont replace other bits so frequently

Reaction score
Country
If you contact them directly they will source them for you direct from japan. they import stuff all the time but as said mainly honda stuff so they dont replace other bits so frequently
Riiight ok, I’ll do that then. At £24.99, can’t go wrong.