What's new

Intercooler that doesnt require butchering the aero bumper?

Reaction score
Country
Supposedly the Greddy ones fit great but they cost ££££. Heard mixed reviews about the Autobahn88 kit - some say it’s perfect, others less so... The thing I hear people moan about the most when it comes to fitment with these kits isn’t the core but the piping. Could be worth picking up a decent core then getting some custom pipe work made up - at least that way you know for sure that it’ll fit right!

Reaction score
Country
I wish there were some good side mount options but there aren’t. Greddy used to make a monstrous side mount but it’s long discontinued.

Reaction score
Country
I think it depends how handy you are as a DIYer. if you can mount the intercooler close enough to the radiator you shouldnt need to trim the bumper. I took about 40mm out of where the centre grill is in mine but my cooler is really far forward as i used the mounting points it cam with and made up a simple bracket but think i could easily move it back 60-80mm.

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
www.ejmcarphotography.co.uk
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
I think it depends how handy you are as a DIYer. if you can mount the intercooler close enough to the radiator you shouldnt need to trim the bumper. I took about 40mm out of where the centre grill is in mine but my cooler is really far forward as i used the mounting points it cam with and made up a simple bracket but think i could easily move it back 60-80mm.
I daren't risk it, me and good luck dont go hand in hand :lol:

Reaction score
Country
just take your time and be careful. plus the satisfaction of it all fitting and saying i did that is great :)

drifter

Reaction score
Country
I've got a cheapo on mine that was fitted by the previous owner which fits without any hacking of the bumper. I'll try and remember to get a photo, can;t remember the name but it is stamped on the top of the core.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I have had both the autobahn88 and the blitz se , the quality of the blitz is immense and I believe it fits behind the aero bumper with little to no modification

drifter

Reaction score
Country
Finally got round to taking the cooling panel off and.....there’s no name must have been thinking if something else, sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk