What's new

Creaky Clutch Pedal

Reaction score
Country
My clutch pedal has been creaky/squeaky for a while now. Happens when you both press and depress the clutch at a certain point, roughly halfway through the pedal travel.

From some quick investigation I think it could be the slave cylinder as the sound seems to be coming from there. Anyone else had this? Is it just a part of the slave, maybe the boot or something or is the slave fubar?

Thanks!

drifter

Reaction score
Country
Mines doing it at the moment intermittently, I’ll spray the peddle mechanism with grease to hopefully cure it. Although the last time I had this problem the creak was inside the bell housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
It’s the clutch release bearing that creaks, quite a common thing for SR’s I believe. Easy fix but will be doing mine when I change the clutch out

Reaction score
Country
Ah damn, was hoping this might be a simpler fix... well the clutch still works fine for now, I’ll see if it progresses any more. Thanks for the help!

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Could always reach under the car and put dab of grease on the end of the slave piston where it meets the fork, from memory I know that also can get a bit rusty and make rubbing noise. Otherwise like jdmvirgin said could be bearing or pivot bolt dry as well.