What's new

how much power can an SR20 block handle

Reaction score
Country
Exactly the question above however i dont mean on stock internals. My question that I cannot find the answer is how far can you push the block casting itself when you have fully forged internals, head bolts and all that stuff.

For example the new focus RS the blocks start to crack at around 450HP as they are open deck and they get cylinder oscillation which fatigues and cracks down the block between 2 and 3 cylinder.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Seen people running 5-600 on them , I’m going Darton sleeves and apparently should be able to run up to 900 ish on the internals I have

Reaction score
Country
assume the sleeves are some kind of steel to make the cylinders stronger? Ive been pricing up forged internals and the CP rods cost wise aren't too different in price between 600 rated and 1000+ rated so if im gonna do it id rather future prrof it and do it once (not that it will ever be 1000hp :lol:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
assume the sleeves are some kind of steel to make the cylinders stronger? Ive been pricing up forged internals and the CP rods cost wise aren't too different in price between 600 rated and 1000+ rated so if im gonna do it id rather future prrof it and do it once (not that it will ever be 1000hp :lol:
From memory they are ductile iron but if you go that route you really need to find someone that knows what they are doing as I have seen some horror jobs 🤣
Best bet mate is to talk to a reputable builder ie dy engines , see what they suggest I went for the best rods I could find but it realised overkill even for my engine .

Reaction score
Country
Yeah don’t think I’d need it sleeved. I was planning on building it myself to learn something new. Obviously following proper guidelines and not winging it lol

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah don’t think I’d need it sleeved. I was planning on building it myself to learn something new. Obviously following proper guidelines and not winging it lol
Yeah still be worth having a chat with someone like that , they don’t need to know you’re going to build it yourself get good pointers on what you should and shouldn’t use in the build from someone that actually knows lol