What's new

new coilovers front brake line bracket doesnt line up??

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys,

fitted new coilovers to my car at the weekend but after installing the fronts the bracket that holds the brake line doesn't line up at all.

the stock struts on my car had said bracket welded on below the abs line bracket much like the image in this thread:
Fitting front coilovers to s15 - Tech Help - SilviaWA

but the meisters i bought had the bracket higher up and angled. as per the image in the service manual after i looked again...

whats up with my stock struts then? anyone had this issue?

my brake line now sits a couple of inches below the bracket its supposed to sit in. can i gently bend/reshape the line to get it up and over the bracket arm? do i need to replace with braided line instead?

Note: apologies for lack if images. never could get them to work and cant find the instruction post now on how to add them in via imgur or whatever.

Reaction score
Country
The knuckle mount that the bracket is on is probably for an S14 as they are slightly different to the 15 in that respect.

Reaction score
Country
thanks guys,

plan to get braided lines soon yeh. for now im gonna carefully bend the hard line in to place as cant get braided lines done in time for japfest :)