What's new

Recommended Brake Pads for fast road use

Reaction score
Country
Hi all,

been trying to nail down the best brake pad options over the weekend.

after a low-dust pad that doesn't really require warming up to be useful (like i hear the EBC yellowstuffs do) as i use my car daily for commuting too.

greenstuffs appear to fit the bill but ive also come across a lot of negative opinions on EBC pads. seen ferrodo's recommended but they seem to be quite dusty. mate at work also told me Pagid fast road pads are great but i cant find them in the right size for stock calipers.

what else can you all recommend that meets my above criteria whilst not being too expensive?

looking to do discs at the same time if anyone has recommendations for those? not looked into them yet as the sun came out this weekend so went for a drive instead of researching :D

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
I have yellowstuffs on my road going S15. Personally I wouldn't buy them again for road use. They take too long to warm up.

I think I'll try the Ferrodos next.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@cinister47
I have EBC redstuff pads on my S15 at the moment. They've been fine for general driving and commuting and I haven't noticed any real issues with them needing to warm up. I did however speak to a friend at work who said that he had issues in the past with Redstuff pads on his S13 where they broke down after a few heat cycles and he replaced them with Ferrodos and had no issues.

Reaction score
They used to be shiet, but these days they are better quality..I have never used them, for me the one's I used that are the best Ive used for street and track are the Project MU HC800+