What's new

cut that out!!!!

P

Paddy mack

Now that the 18's are on the brakes look very small. so i might up grade the brake have been toying with r33/r34 gtsT front brakes or maybe if i am willing to save the extra cash a set of K-sport 6 pot big disc kit but will fitting either mean i lose the abs?:eek:
has anybody fitted the k sports?

Last edited:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Havent fitted bigger calipers (yet ;)), but i dont see why you would loose the abs, it may kick in alot earlier than at the moment but unless you remove the pumps etc it will still work.

I've got Apex's 310/315mm kit. Works well :nod:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Unless you plan on doing some SERIOUS track time and drifting, its a complete waste of money getting more than a 310/315/324mm big disc conversion. With some decent pads and, braided hose and DOT 5.1, they are coapable of coping with nearly everything you can throw at them. The standard Spec R callipers are actually very good. :)

Reaction score
Country
The r33/r34 gt turbo brakes are only a tad bigger than s15s. They can fit bigger rotors compared to s15 brakes though.

You might want to source R33 GTR brembo brakes which is a direct bolt on to the s15. R34 gtr brembo brakes need to redrill the hole though.

My 2cents

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Just to put it into perspective cost-wise, a new EBC 315mm dimpled and grooved disc conversion, including adapters, will cost ?230. A 330mm drilled and grooved kit (running R32GTR/R33GTS callipers) will cost ?270.

P

Paddy mack

weel my car is the Spec S jdm so the brake calipers arno the same as the spec r and so the disc is smaller as well. so i'd have to chane the caliper no matter what i've to do. the reason i would consider the k sport kit is the fact you get all the bit required and ready to fit. the problem with the gtr brakes their really hard to find here in ireland. i've phone loads of places that break japanese performance cars and they either don't have or want ?800 for two disc's and calipers!!!

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Ah well, in that case, get the bigger ones :D, however, you could keep costs down by buying S14/S15 calipers.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I got my R32GTR callipers for ?110 off GTROC. Another ?25 for a refurb kit from Perfectrun :)

You'll pickup some S14 callipers for ?50 or so.