What's new

Car Cut Out, Now Won’t Start

Reaction score
Country
So my S15 is being ****.
Driving home with no issues.
Near mine the revs dropped and went to cut out, I clutched and revved and it revived it for a few metres and cut out at the junction. Managed to start again and go 50 metres and wouldn’t start.

It’s got a Sigma keypad. Pressed the first digit and the red light just flashed constantly and nothing started. Locked everything, unlocked and tried again. No lights whatsoever when pressing keypad.

Pushed it home (like a hero) and left it for 10 minutes. Pressed keypad and put my code in and the car started, spluttered and died.
Keypad still works and the car seems to want to start.

Checked all fuses and they’re fine. Swapped the important ones round and still nothing. Half tank of fuel, new fuel filter the other week.

Ideas?
Thanks

UPDATE**
Taken the petrol feed inlet and outlet and cranked, there’s petrol going through with no problem. So eliminates the fuel pump and reg?
Spark plugs aren’t sparking..
No obvious hoses disconnected. All electrical clips are connected. No blown fuses...

Reaction score
Country
Sounds like it’s something to do with with your alarm as I think killing the spark is how the immobiliser works. Is it lowered? As you may have rubbed through the wiring loom inside the arch- I know that can cause all kinds of headaches