What's new

Engine bay rust repair?

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys, went to see an s15 at the weekend with a friend of mine. He has a small budget so we’re looking at the bottom of the barrel, anyway the car we went to see had a few small rust blisters in the engine bay where the factory air box would be and on the seem around the strut/turret, he seems fairly set on this car if he can have the rust repaired and reckons he can bargain the price down enough. can this panel be got new? Or would it just have to be cut and patched?
Cheers

Reaction score
Country
I’m pretty sure the turret will be a cut out and repair job, loads of s14s and skylines have had it done at this stage. S15s seem to be going that way too. Not sure in the front panel, which one are you on about?

Reaction score
Country
I’m pretty sure the turret will be a cut out and repair job, loads of s14s and skylines have had it done at this stage. S15s seem to be going that way too. Not sure in the front panel, which one are you on about?
Pretty much the turret and the flat piece attached to the turret towards the back of the passenger light.

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Surface rust or something a bit more considerable?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Normally rust around the seams on the turrets is water coming through from the back because in all their wisdom they only sealed inside the bay not the inner arches . Most of the time you can split the seams apart knock back the surface , replace what needs replacing then treat and re seal it without too much of an issue .

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk