What's new

lsd???

P

Paddy mack

well i finally jacked the car up to check if i had a limited slip diff or not fitted to my car, and it turns out i do but i'm a bit dissapointed as i'm a former ae86 abuser i'm a little let down how hard it is to put this car round even on the standard 195/65 R15 wheels. i know its soft lock but really doesn't seem to lock at all. i've been advised to replace the oil by my ae86 buddys.

P

Paddy mack

when i turn one wheel the wheel on other side turn a little the other way! so o i think its a helical diff? is that right

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yes, if the wheels turn opposite directions, its either a Helical or Open diff. If that's the case, the back end will be more difficult to push out for the reason that the diff is designed to do the opposite. I.e. not loose traction.

P

Paddy mack

open that not limit slip? i reckon i'm needing a trip to nismo diff shop

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Get us a deal on buying two :thumbs:

Its easy to get it sideways (weight shift) but it wont stay out, as you have said, the diff never locks....... thats what its meant to do :rolleyes: :D

P

Paddy mack

i'm just used to the ae86 it would step out and do doug nuts with the greatest of ease

P

Paddy mack

but the Garda (fuzz in ireland) really like bothering you when your in the twin cam. you wouldn't have a minutes peace

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i no the score the cops love to see us in the 325is, twincams n m3s. you gotta admit its kinda funny as wer the only cars that get stoped.lol. sure al wer doing is helping the DOE with a spot of "road marking"

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
i'm just used to the ae86 it would step out and do doug nuts with the greatest of ease
But you have to remember, the car was designed to stay on the road, not for you to drift it and do doughnuts. Its why the S15 is so much more drivable and predictable. Change your diff and sell it to someone with a Viscous. They'll appreciate it, and you'll love it...right up till you drift into a tree coming off a bend.... :p

P

Paddy mack

i'm goin to try it out in the wet just as soon as it starts to rain again. cause with the new wider tyres i'm finding out just how much fun this care is?? i'm enjoying the round abouts more than before so I might keep it.