What's new

Fitting the rear strut brace (need a clue)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Why the hell would you want one to go over the top and have to cut the shelf tray? Or is this another bling thing, like tea cosys on the brake and power steering fluid bottles and earthing kits...?

S

S1Five

Why the hell would you want one to go over the top and have to cut the shelf tray? Or is this another bling thing, like tea cosys on the brake and power steering fluid bottles and earthing kits...?
some people dont mind cutting the top shelf. i have the nismo rear one and it goes over the top - it even gave me a template on how big to cut but i didnt, only cut a few lines to allow the strut base to go through

bling bling part? well thats like asking why you have painted red calipers, aftermarket rear lights and white see through indicators

some people prefer the strut to go over the top and someone like you want to see it through the middle.

everyone has an opinion in what they want.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
A question to those who have fitted a rear strut brace, do you think it would be possible to make a brace that fits under the parcel shelf, or would it be impossible? I haven't looked that closely at it, but if it could be done, I have a mate who is really good with a MIG welder who could modify one to sit under the shelf.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
So let me get this straight, the rear strut bar can sit below or over the parcel shelf.. I thought it was only above!

Can you have both on at the same time then?

S

S1Five

So let me get this straight, the rear strut bar can sit below or over the parcel shelf.. I thought it was only above!

Can you have both on at the same time then?
i believe if you read the thread someone said they had both.

if thinking just from pure logic - ye why not as long as the bolt to mount the brace is long enough to allow 2 brace, then you can fit 2

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
AFAIK there is only one that goes above the parcel shelf. The other one they may be talking about is the one at the back of the boot. Just infront of the tail lights.

I have never seen one that goes under the parcel shelf. If anyone want's to prove me wrong, please do, because I will buy one!

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
AFAIK there is only one that goes above the parcel shelf. The other one they may be talking about is the one at the back of the boot. Just infront of the tail lights.

I have never seen one that goes under the parcel shelf. If anyone want's to prove me wrong, please do, because I will buy one!
:confused:

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
There you go mint, I have been proven wrong. Please tell me you know where to get one of these.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Ok, where do I get one?