What's new

Spare Keys

Reaction score
Country
I bought a Nissan spare key blank a while back and went to get it cut today. Problem is, nearly every dimension is different to the original key which isn’t great considering it was advertised as being for a “Skyline, S15 Silvia”. Does anyone know where I can get hold of a spare key which will actually be right?

Picture below so people know which key to avoid

Keifer1903

Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Do you have a Nissan part number for the one you think you should have? I work at Nissan and we’ve some blank keys in a box that are for older models so may be one in there I could get you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
So they cant cut it ? I know a blank or spare is different to the original but if its a proper blank it should be able to be cut

Reaction score
Country
Do you have a Nissan part number for the one you think you should have? I work at Nissan and we’ve some blank keys in a box that are for older models so may be one in there I could get you.

I don’t know what the part number is, no, but I have found this one from Australia which from what I can tell is identical to mine and *says* it will work with the R34/S15.

If it helps, it measures approx. 8.5mm wide by 44mm long. I don’t have any verniers at home so I can’t measure the other bits accurately.

This is my key:

So they cant cut it ? I know a blank or spare is different to the original but if its a proper blank it should be able to be cut
No, they can’t. Apparently the S15 key is a 10-point key whereas most keys (including the blank I bought) are an 8-point. You can cut a 10-point down to an 8-point but not the other way round. He had a load of old key blanks and he checked most of the ones which looked similar and none were right or could be made right. Most of the keys also had a shoulder which the original S15 one doesn’t.

I went to another place and he did and said the same and I also tried Timpsons (a franchised key cutter/shoe fixing place) and he wouldn’t touch it. He was adamant it had an immobiliser in it despite me telling him multiple times it didn’t and why, so he put it in his magic machine which tells him if it has one and to his utter shock horror it didn’t, so he assumed something fishy was going on and refused to do anything more.

Last edited:

brillo

Reaction score
Country
Hi Just been reading your post your key looks the same as mine and I got a new one supplied & cut in Canterbury in Kent the blank key is manufactured by JMA in Spain the part number stamped on it is DAT-15P2 like your car mine does not have a factory fitted immobiliser but the Key Blank is designed to take a Immobiliser chip if you can find a locksmith local to you who stocks JMA Blanks you should be ok.

If you dont have any luck PM me and I will see if I can get you a blank if you are able to get it cut

Good Luck

Regards

Marc

Reaction score
Country
Hi Just been reading your post your key looks the same as mine and I got a new one supplied & cut in Canterbury in Kent the blank key is manufactured by JMA in Spain the part number stamped on it is DAT-15P2 like your car mine does not have a factory fitted immobiliser but the Key Blank is designed to take a Immobiliser chip if you can find a locksmith local to you who stocks JMA Blanks you should be ok.

If you dont have any luck PM me and I will see if I can get you a blank if you are able to get it cut

Good Luck

Regards

Marc
Ah cool, thanks for the info! How much did the key cost you?

subzero

Reaction score
my local key shop cut a spurious one no probs. Does not have an immob inside the key and all that so wasn't a bit deal that way.

Reaction score
Country

Your inbox is full.