What's new

EP Racing Cooling Panel

Reaction score
Country
EP Racing have finally got their carbon cooling panels back in stock. Has anyone got one of these on their car, and how well did it fit?

Cheers!

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
EP Racing have finally got their carbon cooling panels back in stock. Has anyone got one of these on their car, and how well did it fit?

Cheers!
I bought one. Holes didn't line up properly. Needed a bit of filing to make it work. The cut outs weren't great either.

It won't be a direct fit, but with a bit of cajoling, it will be grand.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
I bought one. Holes didn't line up properly. Needed a bit of filing to make it work. The cut outs weren't great either.

It won't be a direct fit, but with a bit of cajoling, it will be grand.

Ah ok, thanks. Were the holes only a bit out, or way out?

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
A bit out. Patience and a good file!

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Check out AliExpress first. There's ones on there which were cheaper and are the exact same product. I made the mistake of getting the EP Racing one because I thought it would be UK made and a straight fit. It just ships from China.

Reaction score
Country
Wow yeah they’re around the $120 mark, so £100-ish and they’re even labelled as EPR haha.

Downside is shipping though, at around $60.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah atm Leon gets his carbon done in China but is looking to move it to a uk supplier to stop this happening . Get a garage defend if you’re wanting the best fitment

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Yeah atm Leon gets his carbon done in China but is looking to move it to a uk supplier to stop this happening . Get a garage defend if you’re wanting the best fitment

Those Garage Defend ones are around the £280 mark from RHD Japan, plus shipping and customs fees. I don’t want one THAT badly

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Lol all the others are just reps of them . You will get what you pay for ha ha shame craig isn’t still doing them , he did perfect copies for the forum but was a long time ago now

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
I must say considering it’s under the bonnet it does look mega (ep one) mine took a bit of dremeling and lots of patience but now it’s on it looks just as good in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Edit can't get pic of mine uploaded

Last edited:

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Here is a pic of mine once fitted after a bunch of trimming. The most annoying bit was getting trimming it to fit over the driver side headlight the rest of it was mostly enlarging holes... something I’m good at

Reaction score
Country
oi oi

They do look good once all the work’s been done to them to make them fit right. I have a Dremel and an assortment of files and I’m sure I can manage some tedious work (*cough* undoing 100+ split rim bolts which kept stripping *cough*).

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Yeah man I really do love it once all is done and the quality of the finish is actually really good as well just doesn't perfectly line up. Damn if you can sit through that you can certainly trim up some trim to fit perfectly, I did the center console piece as well, again that needed a lot of fitting, taking out, trimming, fitting ect ect... but once in it looks mega

Reaction score
Country
May well order one then - will just have to wait till the weather is less rubbish before I start trying to fit it!

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Yeah true thankfully I have a garage, a **** tiny and really cold garage but still keeps out the snow and rain did you end up having to drill out the rim bolts?

Reaction score
Country
At least you have a usable garage haha!

On two of the wheels, yeah. Two had these 10-point star heads and they were ok but the other two had the original (21 year old) hex head bolts... literally every single one would round off immediately with the slightest of pressure. Took them to work and drilled them out on the pillar drill which made short work of them