What's new

Swirlpot /surge tanks

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Hey guys
Trying to nail down the final parts of my build just wondered if anyone has experience with integrated ( internal ) fuel surge tanks ?
I’m looking at Taarks and radium mainly atm with twin walbro 450 as they look to be very good quality I spotted ai do one also but not heard much about these
Anyone used or seen either of these in the flesh ? Any other options ?

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I've got one of these to go in mine....

Fully Enclosed FP34 Fuel Pump Surge Tank for Bosch 044 "Motorsport" Fuel Pump - 034-106-FP34 - 034Motorsport

Not sure if that'll be enough flow for what you're building. Ben Taylor on the SXOC is using one :)
That looks a nice bit of kit ! I would need two of those for what I’m planning to run though I should imagine ! Was originally going twin 044 but probably going for the walbro 450 as they are methanol tolerant incase I want to be really silly 🤪

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
looks like a nice bit of kit that

I have gone with twin pump set up that torques do.
Twin Bosch 044 Fuel Pumps+ HighFlow Filter Manifold Cradle Swirl Pot Setup BLACK | eBay
I was actually looking at this originally as my mate ran one and rated it , but the 044 are so noisy I think it would do my nut in why I’m looking at internal now plus also probably walbro 450 rather than 044 as they are methanol tolerant just incase

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
I was actually looking at this originally as my mate ran one and rated it , but the 044 are so noisy I think it would do my nut in why I’m looking at internal now plus also probably walbro 450 rather than 044 as they are methanol tolerant just incase

Fair enough I figure I’m not going to hear it over then engine any way. Good to know your mate rated it. What he use as a pick up pump?

Methanol?!? You crazy!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Fair enough I figure I’m not going to hear it over then engine any way. Good to know your mate rated it. What he use as a pick up pump?

Methanol?!? You crazy!
Yeah I think you won’t hear much over your engine ha ha ha I’m not sure the external gates will be loud enough on mine to mask the sound I don’t know buddy but I can find out if you like

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Pretty much sold on the radium twin internal 450 walbro now after some research. Will update when I get one