What's new

Rear Light Options

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking at options of replacements for the rear standard S15 lights. I have seen a few but I'm just wondering what people have gone for, what they paid, where they bought them from & how they look during day & night?

EPR Racing have got some for a decent price but I wanted the led ones although they have sold out so may opt for the ones currently avaliable.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
I’ve been tempted to try making a custom set using LED strips or something similar to make just outlines rather than full solid shapes (if that makes sense?). There was some mad looking time attack S15 where they did something similar but I just don’t have the time right now to try it.

Reaction score
I’ve been tempted to try making a custom set using LED strips or something similar to make just outlines rather than full solid shapes (if that makes sense?). There was some mad looking time attack S15 where they did something similar but I just don’t have the time right now to try it.
Erm no? Sorry! I've seen where someone had full red rear lights but not quote sure what you mean bud?

Reaction score
Country
Yeah they are! Looks like they’ve been made up with something like the Dmax ones so I guess if you were to find a cheap used pair of those then you could make up a custom set fairly cheaply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
I’m really tempted now to take inspiration from that and do the same but with the solid strips like you see on Audi’s

Reaction score
Yeah do it Saxon! Think they would look smart. Also different!

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I haven’t seen another with that yet... yet - somebody’ll do it now

Reaction score
Country
Yep that’s right, although like you said those look very slightly different to the off-the-shelf ones. Close enough to not really matter though.

I’m not a wizz at electronics or anything but when I’ve finished all the other little projects I’ve got on the go I may well have a go myself at doing some custom lights. If I do I’ll post pictures and info as I go and as I figure out what to do. Can’t be too hard (right...?)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Yep that’s right, although like you said those look very slightly different to the off-the-shelf ones. Close enough to not really matter though.

I’m not a wizz at electronics or anything but when I’ve finished all the other little projects I’ve got on the go I may well have a go myself at doing some custom lights. If I do I’ll post pictures and info as I go and as I figure out what to do. Can’t be too hard (right...?)
famous last words :D if you give this a go id be very keen to follow such a thread!

so tempted to buy the 78 works set. cant argue with £200!

back to OP's subject of rear light options though my car currently has a set of altezza rear's on it which are pretty nice. they may be up for sale soon if i convince myself to buy the 78's ;)

http://i.imgur.com/LzUow.jpg (not my car)

Reaction score
Ive got the Yashio full LED's, very happy with them, the only thing I would change is the sequenced LED indicator that goes from left to right drivers side and the other way for passenger side