Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tube front end

Liked
    Tube front end
    @Peglio13

Tube front end

Hi guys
    Seriously considering a tube front end on my car just wondering what the pros and cons are ?
    In my mind I am tubbing the front and replacing all the panels to smooth the bay anyway plus the front bar has some rust on .
    I want to run a flipped cooler but keep the viscous fan so I was thinking with a tubed front I could get everything positioned where I want it much easier and cleaner .
    I know stock front end probably has crumple zones which is one thing putting me off tubing it .
    Only other thing was insurance might be a bit funny seeing as itís just a fancy road car not track orientated
    Any input would be greatly appreciated !
    Thanks
    Chris

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk

Liked
    Tube front end
    @Peglio13

Tube front end

Love the idea of something like this

Liked
    Chris,

This looks sicks, also something iím planning to do when the entire body is finished.
    Planning to combine this with the engine swap.

But, if you want to drive with a V-mount set up, you need a vented hood.
    So you need to cut the current Vertex one or buy another vented hood.

4. The following user has liked this post by Daveizz:

Liked
    Tube front end
    @Peglio13

Tube front end

Quote Originally Posted by Daveizz View Post
    Chris,

This looks sicks, also something iím planning to do when the entire body is finished.
    Planning to combine this with the engine swap.

But, if you want to drive with a V-mount set up, you need a vented hood.
    So you need to cut the current Vertex one or buy another vented hood.
    Hey bud
    Yeah sounds like a plan dude
    Not intending to run v mount as really they are only worthwhile on track cars , but meant the whole removable front end to make easy access for working on the engine . The way they have done it looks really clean , such an awesome car too!

Liked
    Tube front end
    @4ndy_hunt
    I would not have been able to do my engine swap without making the front of mine removable. Makes things so, so much easier. But I just drilled out the OEM panel spot welds and bolt back in I'll tidy it up once it's running.
    Tubed font ends look cool but are a bit beyond my means as the moment. Guess it saves a bit of wieght too could get a jacking point put on it aswell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

7. The following user has liked this post by Suspect:

Liked
    Tube front end
    @Peglio13

Tube front end

Quote Originally Posted by Suspect View Post
    I would not have been able to do my engine swap without making the front of mine removable. Makes things so, so much easier. But I just drilled out the OEM panel spot welds and bolt back in I'll tidy it up once it's running.
    Tubed font ends look cool but are a bit beyond my means as the moment. Guess it saves a bit of wieght too could get a jacking point put on it aswell.
    Yeah I think for ease of working on it will be very handy , was considering removable front panel rather than tube front now . Just worries me safety wise if you tube the front without any extra structural bracing beyond ie I wonít be having a cage , then itís probably not that safe and would cause more damage if I were to have a crash .
    Weight wise it would probably weigh more if Iím honest ha ha tube is pretty hefty when you put it against oem !

Liked
    Looks cool but is it really necessary? Like you said it would probably be heavier than stock. Not sure but would it leave less rigidity for the tubs and struts if you were to have a crash?

Liked
    Tube front end
    @Peglio13
    Quote Originally Posted by lewis View Post
    Looks cool but is it really necessary? Like you said it would probably be heavier than stock. Not sure but would it leave less rigidity for the tubs and struts if you were to have a crash?
    Yeah I donít think it is really necessary , weight doesnít bother me really but I think removable front panel and Custom support bar would be a better way forward . I will thinking that the bars would be stronger and if hit the front then maybe would push the turrets back and cause more damage than usual

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by pegliobaglio View Post
    Yeah I don’t think it is really necessary , weight doesn’t bother me really but I think removable front panel and Custom support bar would be a better way forward . I will thinking that the bars would be stronger and if hit the front then maybe would push the turrets back and cause more damage than usual

Yeah that's it I suppose if you were to make some then to make them weak enough so they buckle before bending chassis or turrets, but strong enough to hold your car up for jacking purposes.

Liked
    Tube front end
    @Peglio13
    Quote Originally Posted by lewis View Post
    Yeah that's it I suppose if you were to make some then to make them weak enough so they buckle before bending chassis or turrets, but strong enough to hold your car up for jacking purposes.
    Yeah I think that would be the way to go but have decided to go for removable front , very similar to this but with a custom support bar