What's new

Tube front end

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Hi guys
Seriously considering a tube front end on my car just wondering what the pros and cons are ?
In my mind I am tubbing the front and replacing all the panels to smooth the bay anyway plus the front bar has some rust on .
I want to run a flipped cooler but keep the viscous fan so I was thinking with a tubed front I could get everything positioned where I want it much easier and cleaner .
I know stock front end probably has crumple zones which is one thing putting me off tubing it .
Only other thing was insurance might be a bit funny seeing as it’s just a fancy road car not track orientated
Any input would be greatly appreciated !
Thanks
Chris

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
Chris,

This looks sicks, also something i’m planning to do when the entire body is finished.
Planning to combine this with the engine swap.

But, if you want to drive with a V-mount set up, you need a vented hood.
So you need to cut the current Vertex one or buy another vented hood.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Chris,

This looks sicks, also something i’m planning to do when the entire body is finished.
Planning to combine this with the engine swap.

But, if you want to drive with a V-mount set up, you need a vented hood.
So you need to cut the current Vertex one or buy another vented hood.
Hey bud
Yeah sounds like a plan dude
Not intending to run v mount as really they are only worthwhile on track cars , but meant the whole removable front end to make easy access for working on the engine . The way they have done it looks really clean , such an awesome car too!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
I would not have been able to do my engine swap without making the front of mine removable. Makes things so, so much easier. But I just drilled out the OEM panel spot welds and bolt back in I'll tidy it up once it's running.
Tubed font ends look cool but are a bit beyond my means as the moment. Guess it saves a bit of wieght too could get a jacking point put on it aswell.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I would not have been able to do my engine swap without making the front of mine removable. Makes things so, so much easier. But I just drilled out the OEM panel spot welds and bolt back in I'll tidy it up once it's running.
Tubed font ends look cool but are a bit beyond my means as the moment. Guess it saves a bit of wieght too could get a jacking point put on it aswell.
Yeah I think for ease of working on it will be very handy , was considering removable front panel rather than tube front now . Just worries me safety wise if you tube the front without any extra structural bracing beyond ie I won’t be having a cage , then it’s probably not that safe and would cause more damage if I were to have a crash .
Weight wise it would probably weigh more if I’m honest ha ha tube is pretty hefty when you put it against oem !

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Looks cool but is it really necessary? Like you said it would probably be heavier than stock. Not sure but would it leave less rigidity for the tubs and struts if you were to have a crash?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Looks cool but is it really necessary? Like you said it would probably be heavier than stock. Not sure but would it leave less rigidity for the tubs and struts if you were to have a crash?
Yeah I don’t think it is really necessary , weight doesn’t bother me really but I think removable front panel and Custom support bar would be a better way forward . I will thinking that the bars would be stronger and if hit the front then maybe would push the turrets back and cause more damage than usual

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Yeah I don’t think it is really necessary , weight doesn’t bother me really but I think removable front panel and Custom support bar would be a better way forward . I will thinking that the bars would be stronger and if hit the front then maybe would push the turrets back and cause more damage than usual

Yeah that's it I suppose if you were to make some then to make them weak enough so they buckle before bending chassis or turrets, but strong enough to hold your car up for jacking purposes.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah that's it I suppose if you were to make some then to make them weak enough so they buckle before bending chassis or turrets, but strong enough to hold your car up for jacking purposes.
Yeah I think that would be the way to go but have decided to go for removable front , very similar to this but with a custom support bar

Reaction score
Chris,
There's always this route, Still mocking it up but as I didn't want to cut up my tubed and painted bay so I have i built a part removable tube rad support and tubular bash bar for my bumper. Purely built for fun and ease of mounting my coolers and bumper to, so it is a bit heavy and overkill for a street car but just for ideas.

IMG_9806.jpgIMG_9807.jpgIMG_9808.jpgIMG_9809.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Chris,
There's always this route, Still mocking it up but as I didn't want to cut up my tubed and painted bay so I have i built a part removable tube rad support and tubular bash bar for my bumper. Purely built for fun and ease of mounting my coolers and bumper to, so it is a bit heavy and overkill for a street car but just for ideas.

View attachment 1447View attachment 1448View attachment 1449View attachment 1450
Cheers for the pics dude
That is pretty similar to what I am considering .
I would probably have the whole lot removed though and make up new frames for the lights etc as will be running a flipped fmic and still having the viscous fan and cowling .
I just think it’s so much easier to position everything , looks good in your pics buddy definitely makes sense to take this route