What's new

Aero wing bolt holes

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys. I just bought an aero wing, which my car didn't come with from the factory, but I noticed the boot has three holes stamped which look like they would be for the wing? All the boots would've had that I assume. Is this where it bolts on? I'm deleting the middle pillar, so I'm not worried about the middle. My car had the Aus & NZ 200SX spoiler originally.

Reaction score
Country
Yeah that’s right, just the top two though. Maybe the bottom one is just another access point but it’s the two larger ones which are used.

Reaction score
Country
Thanks. So does that middle plastic bit in-between the bolt threads sit in a grommet or something? I was hoping I could drill the hole for that from the bottom too.

I almost need a template or something, so I can get it perfect.

Reaction score
Country
Not sure which bit you mean, could you take a picture?

It was ages ago that I took my wing off (needed some sealing) and mine had some rubber gaskets the same shape as the bottom of the support that went in between the boot lid and the wing supports.

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I'll take a pic after work tonight.

Makes sense they would have little rubber rings for the bolts, as it would rattle without them. Not sure where I could get those. It's taken me months to find these aero bits locally.

Reaction score
Country
Oh yeah I see what you mean. Mine didn’t have that... mine doesn’t even have the hole for it so I guess my spoiler was an add on too.

Reaction score
Country
Oh yeah I see what you mean. Mine didn’t have that... mine doesn’t even have the hole for it so I guess my spoiler was an add on too.
I just noticed this guys page, and he only drilled two holes as well. It's just a plastic bit, so maybe they just trim it off:

S15 – Super Downforce | Oliver's Import Heaven
S15 – Aero Completion | Oliver's Import Heaven

You can see the proper holes here: Nissan Silvia S15 - Boot | : Sinergy Motorsports Used Parts Shop

Going to be harder than I thought without having a template. :cry:

Reaction score
Country
If it helps at all, I could measure the distance my posts sit from certain points on the boot?

Reaction score
Country
If it helps at all, I could measure the distance my posts sit from certain points on the boot?
That would be great, thanks.

I was also wondering, when you open the boot, are the bolts in the exact center of those holes? I was thinking if they're right in the middle, I could get whatever socket size fits in the hole, and mark out the center like that?

Reaction score
Country
I’ll have to measure it up tomorrow as it’s pitch black outside now. I’m not sure if mine are right in the centre of the holes but I’ll grab a few photos when I measure it all up tomorrow

Reaction score
Country
Didn’t get any measurements as it was tricky to actually measure against any points of reference.

BUT, I did have a look at the bolt holes and they are in the centre of the pre-formed large holes in the boot lid. If you can mark a hole perfectly in the centre of that you should be fine.

Also found out (as the drivers side holes on mine are off centre and so I measured the posts’ position on the outside) that my spoiler has been put on wonky.

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I used sockets that fitted in the holes, and marked the centre with a pen. It turned out well, perfectly centred.

Now I'm just patching up the hole with fibreglass, and just need some bog for a thin layer to finish it off.

Thanks guys.

Reaction score
Country
Awesome stuff, look forward to seeing the end result!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk