What's new

Coilovers latest and greatest

Reaction score
Country
I'm in the market for real quality coilovers, mainly for street use so comfort is important. What are people running and recommending from experience ?

Im currently driving on CS2's and they are far to hard for the driving on Irish roads.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Country
I don't mind my HSD Dualtechs. They are a firm ride but not back breaking haha! I understand that the Monopros are a bit more comfortable for every day use?

A number of people seem to rate the Tein coilovers - hopefully someone will come along who has them :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I had tein and they were rubbish . Best coilovers I have had to date were kw v3 and rsr isports not far behind ( currently running these ) I will be getting fortune auto next I should think as I have heard amazing things so far about their stuff

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Ignore what I said about the Tein then
Ha ha I don't know if it was just the ones I had though as it was probably 7 years ago when I first got the car The newer ones may be better now . Still don't think they will be up there with the kw though

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Fair enough man, yeah they might well be different now. I only have actual experience of the HSDs.

subzero

Reaction score
Ive tein hr's in the car from japan, i find them very good but are getting to the end of their life now. tad hard for irish roads(can be softened but running the car low i can only really use them at a stiff enough rate) but do perform well though.
wonder are the uk teins just not as good, as ive seen ppl complaining about them tho.

Reaction score
These guys are making great coilovers here in Australia..they are becoming popular with the S Chassis crew...People just order what spring rates they want with the model of car and they set them up ready to fit...

MCA Suspension

drifter

Reaction score
Country
I used Tein Superstreets for years on my S14 and then for a while on the S15, never had an issue with them tbh. My mates been using Monoflex on his R34 for the bast part of 10 years now and they're still working well.

I only ditched the Superstreets as they felt too soft for track use, so I went CS2. They seemed okay on the road, but abit stiff plus the locking collars kept coming undone.

Now I'm using BC Racing, good all rounder imo :)

None of which will compare to a high spec option costing a lot more money.

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for the feedback. I really like the KW suspension and it has come high recommend by other before. The MCA suspension looks good but I have yet to meet someone running them on a car over here so I'm a little sceptical about them on Irish roads. I had Tein on an RX7 and did not find them to be great considering the cost.

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
I had BC in my S2000 and I really liked them. They could also be specified with spring rates and I went for a softer spring than most and it was spot on for the roads I was using.

Have Teins in the S15 and they are decent but not very forgiving. Something a bit more attuned to the patchy nature of UK roads might be better.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk