What's new

FMIC + Stock Airbox?

Reaction score
Country
Hi everyone,

Will the stock airbox work with a FMIC in terms of space? I have a thing against hot air intakes/sik wikid induction kits but am I going to have to get one in order to fit the FMIC? If so, which is going to be the best or better than others as I know there are a few different types?

Cheers! :)

Reaction score
Country
been soooo long since I've had a stock airbox, but I'm pretty sure FMIC and a stock box won't work as the FMIC pipe will take up the space beside the expansion tank (where the box normally resides.

possibly just maybe the Part Max HMIC might, but you have to cut the metal besides the headlights and feed the pipes though

Reaction score
Country
Ah bugger that then haha - I have a Driftworks one. Intake it is then! I suppose I could buy one and if by chance I can keep the stock airbox the I'll just return the intake. Any recommendations? Preferably not a ricetastic one but it is what it is.

Ok so a full 5 whole minutes of searching and it seems that the Apexi one is viewed as one of the best. I guess I'll go for that one then.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
the Apexi is by far the best, SXOC did a test a number of years ago and the Apexi came out of top

Reaction score
Country
Mighty car mods did a dump test with haltec with air intakes- made cold boxes, no filter, standard air box etc. Basically made no difference to power at all hot air vs cold air.

Reaction score
I kept my stock airbox with the Greddy/Trust FMIC..the hot pipe went down the left side of the airbox...

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah the blitz fmic would work with the stock box as it follows the original route for the hot pipe

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for the info everyone! :)

I think what I'll do to be on the safe side (because I want to get the whole install done in the coming weekend) is buy a CAI and if I can get away with not using it then I'll send it back and order a decent panel filter instead. Otherwise I'll be stuffed if I end up needing one on a Saturday but can't get hold of one.