Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked
    6-speed gearbox replacement
    @Peglio13
    Ha ha and stroke it in between smashing it 6-speed gearbox replacement6-speed gearbox replacement

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk

Liked
    I didn't have to bash or modify the tunnel of my S15 at all. The set up I used was pro tuner adaptor plate, stock S15 flywheel and clutch, 370z CD008 gearbox, gearbox moulding pour points ground off to give clearance on tunnel, chopped and shortened 370z gear lever bracket, custom prop made by prop shop uk after sending them s15 and 350Z prop with measurements, 350Z clutch slave cylinder simple solid mount plate for gearbox mount. As long as you're happy to grind off the cast moulding points on the gearbox housing it will fit in the tunnel quite nicely, can even tidy up the bottom of the box so it is all flush and smooth. I've previously fitted CD006 and CD009 boxes but for some reason the 09 boxes pull a premium compared to the others and after opening them all up I'm happy to go with the less popular ones, just as tough, and strange when the 370Z,s over here are running the older gearboxes from factory, the biggest annoyance is the locating dowels being different diameters between models but an easy thing to modify.

3. bigwave, kakitli, pegliobaglio Likes this post.

Liked
    @Peglio13
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
    I didn't have to bash or modify the tunnel of my S15 at all. The set up I used was pro tuner adaptor plate, stock S15 flywheel and clutch, 370z CD008 gearbox, gearbox moulding pour points ground off to give clearance on tunnel, chopped and shortened 370z gear lever bracket, custom prop made by prop shop uk after sending them s15 and 350Z prop with measurements, 350Z clutch slave cylinder simple solid mount plate for gearbox mount. As long as you're happy to grind off the cast moulding points on the gearbox housing it will fit in the tunnel quite nicely, can even tidy up the bottom of the box so it is all flush and smooth. I've previously fitted CD006 and CD009 boxes but for some reason the 09 boxes pull a premium compared to the others and after opening them all up I'm happy to go with the less popular ones, just as tough, and strange when the 370Z,s over here are running the older gearboxes from factory, the biggest annoyance is the locating dowels being different diameters between models but an easy thing to modify.
    Good to hear someone using the protuner plate as that's what I will be fitting to mine 6-speed gearbox replacement

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk

Liked
    350Z box next to the S15 6 speed...you get an idea where you have to massage the tunnel..

6. kakitli Likes this post.

Liked

The cd09 is supposed to have updated synchros which you might not be able to see. I've got the z32 box in mine which I did initially on my old s14a many many moons ago. They're the same in getting the right one, get the 98+ box to save having 3rd gear crap itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. kakitli Likes this post.