What's new

6-speed gearbox replacement

kakitli

Reaction score
Country
Can someone please tell me if the 350z CD009 gearbox will bolt straight on without any mod?
Thanks

Reaction score
Country
I think from memory the gearstick doesn't quite line up in the same place as the factory box.

Can't remember to what extent - whether it means the gear stick trim doesn't fit properly or whether the centre console bit actually needs trimming to accommodate the stick.

You'll need an adaptor plate to bolt it to the SR too obviously.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Adaptor plate , clutch and flywheel , modified shifter , custom prop , gearbox mount , tunnel bashing

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Tunnel bashing haha - don't you mean "gentle caressing"?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
that's it man. Like a brick through a window . No way to be nice about it

Reaction score
Country
I didn't have to bash or modify the tunnel of my S15 at all. The set up I used was pro tuner adaptor plate, stock S15 flywheel and clutch, 370z CD008 gearbox, gearbox moulding pour points ground off to give clearance on tunnel, chopped and shortened 370z gear lever bracket, custom prop made by prop shop uk after sending them s15 and 350Z prop with measurements, 350Z clutch slave cylinder simple solid mount plate for gearbox mount. As long as you're happy to grind off the cast moulding points on the gearbox housing it will fit in the tunnel quite nicely, can even tidy up the bottom of the box so it is all flush and smooth. I've previously fitted CD006 and CD009 boxes but for some reason the 09 boxes pull a premium compared to the others and after opening them all up I'm happy to go with the less popular ones, just as tough, and strange when the 370Z,s over here are running the older gearboxes from factory, the biggest annoyance is the locating dowels being different diameters between models but an easy thing to modify.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I didn't have to bash or modify the tunnel of my S15 at all. The set up I used was pro tuner adaptor plate, stock S15 flywheel and clutch, 370z CD008 gearbox, gearbox moulding pour points ground off to give clearance on tunnel, chopped and shortened 370z gear lever bracket, custom prop made by prop shop uk after sending them s15 and 350Z prop with measurements, 350Z clutch slave cylinder simple solid mount plate for gearbox mount. As long as you're happy to grind off the cast moulding points on the gearbox housing it will fit in the tunnel quite nicely, can even tidy up the bottom of the box so it is all flush and smooth. I've previously fitted CD006 and CD009 boxes but for some reason the 09 boxes pull a premium compared to the others and after opening them all up I'm happy to go with the less popular ones, just as tough, and strange when the 370Z,s over here are running the older gearboxes from factory, the biggest annoyance is the locating dowels being different diameters between models but an easy thing to modify.
Good to hear someone using the protuner plate as that's what I will be fitting to mine

drifter

Reaction score
Country
The cd09 is supposed to have updated synchros which you might not be able to see. I've got the z32 box in mine which I did initially on my old s14a many many moons ago. They're the same in getting the right one, get the 98+ box to save having 3rd gear crap itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk