What's new

Bumper Inlet Ducts

Reaction score
Country
Has anyone found a descent looking bumper inlet duct to get more airflow to the radiator during track events? I currently have a 2" x 12" slit cut between my headlights for airflow, but hate how it looks. I know there's aftermarket bumpers available, but has anyone tried the 350z inlets or possibly any other inlet? The curve of the bumper makes it difficult to find something that works properly.

Reaction score
Are you having over heating issues ? I have not had any problems with airflow through my JDM Aero bar..I run a larger Greddy/Trust alloy radiator,Nismo thermostat, air diversion cooling panel and I have never had high temps on the track...I also run a Greddy oil cooler

Reaction score
Country
Are you having over heating issues ? I have not had any problems with airflow through my JDM Aero bar..I run a larger Greddy/Trust alloy radiator,Nismo thermostat, air diversion cooling panel and I have never had high temps on the track...I also run a Greddy oil cooler
I do have heating issues, but only while pushing the car hard on track. After cutting the slit in my bumper and adding some ducting to the radiator it did seem to help quite a bit, but I know it can get better. I'm running a Mishimoto 3 row aluminum radiator, air diversion panel with custom ducting. However I am pulling it through a bar/plate intercooler and a/c condenser. Keep in mind that the ambient temps here are in the 90's with humidity about 60%. I do need to step up to some sort of aftermarket oil cooler in the future, but for now I'm trying to find a better looking way of getting clean air to my radiator.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are you still running the viscous fan and stock shroud ? I live in a warm country with temperatures around that and above..Try the Nismo thermostat..it opens earlier..

Reaction score
Country
Are you still running the viscous fan and stock shroud ? I live in a warm country with temperatures around that and above..Try the Nismo thermostat..it opens earlier..
Mishimoto dual electric fans with shroud. You can feel them pulling air through the inlets in the front bumper. I've decided to drop my bumper off to a body shop today to have them build a grill into it.