What's new

Clutch choice

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Right guys I'm a bit torn on which clutch to get for my build . It needs to hold 650/700 hp and I have narrowed it down the 3 choices
Anyone have any experience with the following it would be great to hear your comments
1 nismo super coppermix twin plate
2 orc 659
3 os giken tr2cd
They are all capable of what I want , just can't decide which would be best for a road car with occasional track:
From reading about them I think the orc or nismo would be best but happy to hear if anyone has differing opinions on this !
Thanks
Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
completely hijacking your thread but lol at 650/700hp :heh: that car is gonna be a weapon!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
completely hijacking your thread but lol at 650/700hp :heh: that car is gonna be a weapon!
Just so I have some headroom man I'm only going to be running 550:600 max anyway so nice to have that extra incase I decide to be really stupid

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk

drifter

Reaction score
Country
Having said that, it appears to be rated to 500hp which is lower than when I bought mine. I put that through it with no issues at all, but looks like the Nismo has a higher rating.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Having said that, it appears to be rated to 500hp which is lower than when I bought mine. I put that through it with no issues at all, but looks like the Nismo has a higher rating.
Yeah I did look at that clutch and it was what I originally wanted , I remember it being rated to 600 at the time but now ,as you say , seems to only be rated to 500! The tr2cd seems to be the only one that could handle the power but sounds like a track orientated clutch
If the orc wasn't the best I will probably be better off with the nismo then

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Just been looking and some places rate the str2cd at 600hp so I have emailed giken direct to see which clutch they recommend

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
They have been really helpful! Going for the tr2cd now . Sounds an awesome clutch so I will update how I get on with it

Reaction score
My mates S15 with his MazWorks motor has the Nismo Twin, for track and street he said it's an awesome clutch..he's running a conservative 620HP

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
He has it mated to this lovely engine bay...

Nice ! I know another running the nismo too who really likes it ; that looks a similar set up to what I will be running tbh as well buddy making it so hard to decide ha ha I know the nismo is really noisy but I guess all twin plates are to an extent . Hmmm

Reaction score
Actually according to James, the owner, the Nismo Twin is much quiter than the Nismo Copper Mix which he had in his earlier build....

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Actually according to James, the owner, the Nismo Twin is much quiter than the Nismo Copper Mix which he had in his earlier build....
Ah ok , my mate is running one with a 350 box and said it rattles /vibrates a lot around 2-2.5k I think. Just looking now and even in the description it states there is noise around that area but doesn't affect the performance or quality of the clutch. I'm assuming all twins are noisy and I'm hoping my car is loud enough to drown it out tough choice as they both look really good clutches ! Similar prices and power rating too

Reaction score
I think with the power you want to make and the exhaust and other drive train noises it will disappear ..I know with my Nismo gearbox, diff, exhaust stereo and tyres I don't notice much of my clutch and solid flywheel compared to stock..

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I think with the power you want to make and the exhaust and other drive train noises it will disappear ..I know with my Nismo gearbox, diff, exhaust stereo and tyres I don't notice much of my clutch and solid flywheel compared to stock..
That's what I'm hoping ha ha
Thanks for the info dude it's appreciated

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I think the noise will drive me nuts though dude been talking to a lot of people about the giken and it's only noticeable on idle they said . Might take a punt on it . Only cheap anyway

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country
I think the noise will drive me nuts though dude been talking to a lot of people about the giken and it's only noticeable on idle they said . Might take a punt on it . Only cheap anyway

You can pick them up cheap so thrown it in and see if you like it