What's new

Engine mounts

Reaction score
Country
I am wanting to get some harder mounts, thought about some solids but after a few minutes on the internet it seems like they are a bad choice for a daily. Decided to look at the nismo/hardrace one's and came across this Hardrace Uprated Engine Mounts Set (Street Version, 3 Piece) - Nissan Silvia S13/S14/S15 (HR 7003-R) - UK Dealer not sure what to make of it as the same just the engine mounts from dw are £115 and h-tune have a gearbox mount in there aswel...

Can't seem to find another deal at that price for the three mounts. If someone that knows more about these and wether or not this deal is legit or too good to true I would appreciate any input.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
I went through a similar exercise a couple of years ago when my original mounts were stuffed. Unfortunately I don't know where my final ones were sourced but there were OEM clones - cheaper than OEM but feel exactly the same. I temporarily had some Whiteline mounts which were just way too hard for daily driving. They're fine at high RPM (great in fact, they're designed for racing after all) but they were truely bone rattling below about 3000 rpm at just plain intolerable at idle rpm. They also raised the engine slightly in the bay which meant I had to relocate the ABS to keep it away from the after market exhaust manifold I have.

Reaction score
Country
That seems to be a common thing with the solid one's, nobody seems to keep them very long from what I've read so far. I've noticed a pattern that nismo/apex/Cusco are good but expensive, then hardrace are near enough carbon copies of the nismo, then just some new Nissan one's. With the engine being higher, does it clash with anything? I have a tomei manifold, fair bit of clearance all round atm. Would it interfere with a strut brace, or is it not that much higher?

Reaction score
Country
I have a front strut brace too and the raised engine when I had the Whiteline mounts still had some clearance without rejigging anything. However with my OEM-like mounts I have now the brace only clears the engine cover by 15mm. I'm sure it wasn't super close with Whitelines so maybe they didn't raise the engine as much as I thought.

drifter

Reaction score
Country
I've used Nismo mounts for years, lucky enough to buy them when they were about £120 for the set. I would go for the Hardrace ones you linked if I had to buy them now. I've got Hardrace arms and they're still going strong :)

Reaction score
Country
Trancer, so with that I will definitely have clearance without having to mess about too much making alterations. Cheers buddy.

Drifter, I am very tempted to buy the ones linked but everywhere else is ~£120 Just for the engine mounts then ~£50 for the gearbox... So for H-tune to offer engine and gearbox for £115, I'm not sure if it's a bargain or if I should stay clear.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Pretty sure they are the same as the apex street mounts and similar to the nismo also. My mate has these on his car and likes them . H tune are a good company if that's what you're worried about ? I bought about 4K worth of parts through them for another Swap I was doing , very good to deal with and always have deals on

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk

Last edited:

drifter

Reaction score
Country
Could always check the price from apex performance, they're a hard race supplier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Tried that, no answer though at lunch. I think H-tune is just a mistake, they have the engine mounts on their own for the same price and the gearbox mount I think for 50. I reckon they just didn't alter the price for the full set.

Lewis, I had a look for Nismo, all I found was engine mounts for about 280, didn't think about RHDJapan, will have a look into them.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I recently got nismo engine /gearbox mount set for 200 .
If it's a mistake on the site I think they would still have to honour the price if you purchased it ! Had a look just now and looks like they have just knocked another 5% off too

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Yeah they are a great company shipping is always fair considering they are coming from japan plus you can sometimes get stuff off them you just cant find in the uk or eu and prices are always good. Its a shame we don't get a forum discount although they always have mega deals on and off.

Reaction score
Country
Decided to get the hardrace one's from H-tune. Had a bit of a nightmare with it all though. My phone has been playing up so ended up ordering three sets. Tried to cancel the other two but H-tune aren't replying to the contact section on their site. Tried to send an email direct this morning and for some reason my phone won't send the email. Sooo, I may or may not have two spare sets if anyone is interested? Depending on if they get sent out.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I found a good way to contact them is through fb dude there is a guy Scott Robinson I think his name was , h tune Scott. If your fb messenger is working might be easier ! If not I'm sure they wil shift at that price man ha ha

Reaction score
Country
Cheers for that peglio, sent him a message and he told me to email them instead... been a bit busy these past few days though and havnt had a chance to get on the computer. I'll send them an email through the computer later on tonight, if that still doesn't work I'll just keep them and sell the spare sets on.

Reaction score
Can't fault the Nismo mounts and combined with the Nismo gearbox mount they offer a new driving experience when you load them up with hard driving...