What's new

VVT help

Reaction score
Country
Wondering if someone had any ideas, my car is a 3a so should be fairly quick.
(2871, 555cc etc)

However yesterday I drove a 2a 14a which highlighted a few issues with mine.

Mine is missing a huge chunk of midrange, actually when I think about it it's not performing across the entire rev range as I remembered it used to on my own 14a.

My AVCR is showing 1.4bar my hearing isn't brilliant but I don't think I can hear the turbo spooling in lower gears as in 1st and 2nd hard it literally feels like a NA.

I've done/had done 3 smoke tests a few leaks had been fixed, fuel wise on a run it's now fairly good...did 150 miles yesterday on approx £20, so I don't think it a boost leak.

However on hard acceleration my AFR gauge is hitting a max of 12.1 :/ general cruising it sits around 14.7-15.1

ive swapped out my AFM and the AFR's remain the same.

a few things about my motor:
the bare engine is an S15 but with an entire inlet manifold (and all ancillaries) from my old 14a engine

Reaction score
Ok, couple of things bother me...Your AFR readings for cruising are pretty rich which will rob you of power, it dips down to 12 which is more optimum throughout your full rev range because as you go harder it will naturally lean more..Your tune doesn't seem to keep steady AFR's across your rev range which it should..You will eventually fowl your plugs and O2 sensor..Ive just looked back on some of my Dyno sheets and my AFR's are static across the revs..Running 1.4 bar of boost you should be getting good power with a 2871R but your 555cc injectors will be maxing out, that's why I went the 750cc's