Fitting aero sideskirts

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
has anyone fitted aero-sideskirts before.

Don't know what to do about those plastic thingies which I think is supposed to go through the bodywork.

I don't want to drill in my car :no:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
If there's no mounting holes for them, looks like you're going to have to. Or leave them off. We've all had holes drilled...just the proper way - at the factory :p

Can tell you how to fit the spoiler when you come to your senses... :D

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
If there's no mounting holes for them, looks like you're going to have to. Or leave them off. We've all had holes drilled...just the proper way - at the factory :p

Can tell you how to fit the spoiler when you come to your senses... :D
Lol, I might consider the spoiler if the middle leg is chopped off :D
I'll take a closer look tomorrow if there is any markings for the holes on the car. I don't want to drill unless there is.

There are other ways to fit sideskirts :thumbs:

By the way, it's the holes all along the sides I'm worried about. But I'm starting to worry about the ones under the car too. Not sure if they are there on my car.

Reaction score
the Blitz spoiler looks nice, and has no middle leg! ;)

mine have been screwed twice at either end, then there's 2 tabs, that're also screwed on the underside, sounds like you're gonna have to get handy with the drill, just be sure to paint where you've drilled after! :)

They've also got some "spongey glue strips" behind them... :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
After further investigating today. I've decided to drill holes on the underside and use glue to the side :)
So if I ever would want to take 'em off, I wouldn't have to fill the holes and respray the whole car.

Reaction score
yea, mine are only screwed on the underside and in the ends, where the arch liner screws go in. there's nothing along the front sides of the skirts.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
yea, mine are only screwed on the underside and in the ends, where the arch liner screws go in. there's nothing along the front sides of the skirts.
But if yo take them off, you'll notice an small army of little plastic plugs which is supposed to go in holes you've got on the side of you're car.

I don't want to make those holes, so I'll use glue instead :)

Reaction score
lol nicely.... also it doesn't i can't imagine it could ever warrant the ?511 price tag either!

Yak', i now see what you mean about them "plugs".... like said, along them sides they've got "sticky bonding sponge"... but i'd assume under them, it'd have the said holes!

Tiger seal will fix them on a treat! :)

Reaction score
the aero spoiler deffinately flows down the line of the car awesomely (is that even a word)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I've talked to some people and they say that a product called "Sikaflex" is the **** :)
Unless I want to take it off.
After the stuff is painted I'll consult my body-mods/electric expert and see what he recommends :)

Reaction score
"Sikaflex" thats the gear pal i have pals who work at building busses and they use a load o that!!