What's new

Sr20det missing under boost

Sair

Reaction score
Country
Hi i have been googling and asking seniors but couldn't find a solution . I am actually driving a s15 spec r on power fc and regular works on it but i am having issue for a time which was not earlier. So the problem is when i am on apex of boost my car just start bogging or missing and give engine check light blinking and hearing air compressor of turbo more vividly .
1. First my bov came up faulty when i was checking boost leakage (corrected by changing )
2.secondly cleaned the z33 maf
3.coil pack came faulty and changed it with oem but used and good to go
4.opened the turbo and cleaned and all good to go
5. Checked the coil plugs all good in condition greyish and black because car is bit lean after all this
...After all this , car is stilling missing under boost ...
So please share your experiences weather its spitfire Coilspacks needed , new fuel pump needed or new coils plug needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
sounds like you nede to bring the car back to whoever mapped the power fc as it knocking for a start on boost which isnt good.

Sair

Reaction score
Country
sounds like you nede to bring the car back to whoever mapped the power fc as it knocking for a start on boost which isnt good.
I have base map the power fc and re calibrated all and secondly knock initially is 0 but maximum it goes to 5 or 6 and knock is not good when above 60 is mentioned in power fc .

CMR

Reaction score
Country
If you are driving the car around on a PFC base map then I honestly expect a thread to pop up from you shortly saying help it's thrown a rod.

Sair

Reaction score
Country
If you are driving the car around on a PFC base map then I honestly expect a thread to pop up from you shortly saying help it's thrown a rod.
Nah how could it be ... on my mapped i having same issue and on base map same issue and when the car I bought was on base map didn't thrown a single rod...

CMR

Reaction score
Country
from your post to sniffy it sounded like you only have the base map.

Reaction score
You're AFR's have to be logged through all the rev range right through to Redline...you are running too lean in the top end as your fuel rate is not rising enough..Detonation is what's causing the check engine light to come on...

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
from your post to sniffy it sounded like you only have the base map.
Thats the way i read it too.

You're AFR's have to be logged through all the rev range right through to Redline...you are running too lean in the top end as your fuel rate is not rising enough..Detonation is what's causing the check engine light to come on...
Auss15 is right. i think you need to get the car mapped correctly as it doesnt sound like it is.

Sair

Reaction score
Country
Thats the way i read it too.

Auss15 is right. i think you need to get the car mapped correctly as it doesnt sound like it is.
Auss15 is right but I wasn't running it on base map according to the other guy .. when I bought the car the car was more than 1 year on base map then remaped it because i upgraded the turbo injectors and other common stuffs and i was good with it more then 2 years ....its a recent issue...

Reaction score
Tunes don't last forever, you may find it's gone out of it's previous tune..Have you been playing around with the hand controller ?Maybe you have accidently hit the default mode and gone back to a base tune..