What's new

Advice on s15 turbo replacement

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys,
My friend is thinking of buying a s15 spec r with auto trans here in nz. Only thing is the turbo seems to have an issue and needs to be changed or replaced soon before it blows.

Would it be worthwhile for him to get another s15 t28 turbo or upgrade the turbo to something like a disco potato with the auto trans or better to find one with no turbo issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
The "Disco Potato " is a good option for the auto S15 and you can use the 2871R as well with the smaller .64 rear housing..You will have to upgrade the injectors as stock in the auto are 380cc and fuel pump while your at it.also some sort of tune will be needed...There is more but if you decide to go the bigger turbo's am happy to be more specific

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for your advice.
I've always wondered as my old s15 was also auto aswell, would you know how the power would come on in an auto compared to manual ?and if the auto trans could handle the power of a gt2871r ?

Reaction score
Country
Hey, I'm also in NZ and just upgraded to a GT2871R, if you need a T28 off an S15, mine is available.

Reaction score
Country
Thanks will pass on the message

Reaction score
Country
Hey, I'm also in NZ and just upgraded to a GT2871R, if you need a T28 off an S15, mine is available.
Where abouts in NZ are you ? Great to see another s15 member from nz

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice.
I've always wondered as my old s15 was also auto aswell, would you know how the power would come on in an auto compared to manual ?and if the auto trans could handle the power of a gt2871r ?

I have a mate who has an Auto S15, he has a bad left arm from a motor bike accident so has to drive a Auto..He upgraded to a 2871R in it, ran a 1.5 way diff in it and apart from putting a shift kit in it he had no problem with the transmission from the 235Kw he was producing...

Reaction score
Country
I have a mate who has an Auto S15, he has a bad left arm from a motor bike accident so has to drive a Auto..He upgraded to a 2871R in it, ran a 1.5 way diff in it and apart from putting a shift kit in it he had no problem with the transmission from the 235Kw he was producing...

Would like to know how much it cost for a shift kit?