What's new

Boost too low?

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys,

Last your I swapped my sr20de for a spec R sr20det engine.
After driving it the first time I was a bit dissapointed because I did not get the power I was hoping for.
I installed a boost gauge and noticed that it only got up to 0.3-0.4 bar.
I just and rechecked the whole systems for boost leaks and found a few vacuüm hoses that needed replacement, but it did not help.. Still 0.3-0.4 bar boost. So I installed a manual boost vontroller and wideband and cranked up the boost to 0.6 bar. That felt alot quicker, but can I go up to 0.7? When I read some forums it seems to be that some people say s15 spec r stock boost is 0.5 bar and some say it is 0.7... I also see people saying 7psi ( which is roughly 0.5 bar ). So how high can I go safely so I can enjoy my car a bit more untill I get to the engine part?
Also wondering why my boost turned out on just 0.3-0.4 bar with the stock boost controller.

Reaction score
Country
Hmm so I should be able to run 0.7 bar without any problems?

I just have the following mods:
apexi air filter
DW200 fuel pump
fmic
upgraded exhaust manifold
3" elbow and downpipe
2,5" 200cpi highflow cat
2,5" catback

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@langers2511
When mine was standard, it would peak at 0.7 bar. Will a full 3 inch turboback and decat, it started peaking at 0.9 bar with stock intercooler and stock boost controller. I now have a fmic and a greddy ebc and it hits 0.9 bar instantly now.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk