ABS braking Would like to point out!!!

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
hey guys just noticed this actually...and would like to out to you guys aswelll
on the S15 I've known that the ABS is optional and not 100% but ive found a picture on yahoo japan which a S15 was for sale and it had no ABS but its not a spec R but wanna see if all spec R had ABS or was it really a optional part
here and picture of mine with the abs in the right hand conner and a pic of that S15 without abs

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Don't know, but I can't find a mention on the old Jap Nissan Silvia pages.

There's a very small possibility that its been removed due to the tubular manifold.

I notice there's no boost gauge sensor either...

M

Meddy

One annoying thing with our ABS systems is if you pull the fuse it stops the speedo working. Not really relevant but it does bug me.

B

Brad

Could have just been removed, its is a hefty bugger.
Maybe a 'stage 1 weight reduction' has taken place on the car :nod:

G

Ginuwine-S15

im with Brad on this one! It looks like a worked s15, and nearly everyone removes the ABS unit as a weight reduction and also as a power gain.. The ABS unit uses abt 4-6 kilowatts from the engine.. My mechanic told me this info n said they do it for the drag strip...

hope it helps..

S

S15R

Ginuwine-S15 said:
im with Brad on this one! It looks like a worked s15, and nearly everyone removes the ABS unit as a weight reduction and also as a power gain.. The ABS unit uses abt 4-6 kilowatts from the engine.. My mechanic told me this info n said they do it for the drag strip...

hope it helps..

4~6kw, so you r saying that abs is always working? :confused:

they do it for the drag strip is becuase they dont need ABS on their car :D they remove the seats becuase they arent taking any passenger :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
If you removed the ABS unit from an S15 in Europe, you'd be dead in no time. Our roads get wetter and greasier than yours...

G

Ginuwine-S15

nah they not always working.. i dunno lol thats what i was told by a well known mechanic! beats me