What's new

Bit of help?

Reaction score
Country
So, I picked up my S15 from torque over the weekend.

My diff clunks Greg at protuner and the guys at torque say it sounds like a 2 way has been fitted.

It has a C's short shifter that again Greg and the guys at torque say is the reason behind a slight rattle when off the accelerator.

My plan for the weekend is to change the oil in the gearbox and the diff, in hopes that this will quiten down the diff clunk. Not sure what to do with the short shifter...

Hopefully some of you can recommend some oil for the box and diff. I have ordered some motul 75w140 for the diff but Greg says I need plated oil.

Just seems as though every single search gives me different results. The only oil I have found so far for plated diffs is motul gear ff-lsd which I can't find in the UK.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reaction score
If you have a slight rattle on deacceleration most likely its an aftermarket clutch and flywheel, possible a Nismo Copper Mix...

Reaction score
Country
On the spec it does say it has a Nismo clutch. Not sure on the flywheel.

Seems like it's gonna be one of them, don't know for sure what it's actually got until something needs replacing.

Anyway to stop the rattle if it is the clutch? That would probably explain why it disappears when the clutch is in.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
sounds like you have some nice bits on that! :thumbs:
can't help with your question though. sorry

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Something like this should do ok mate Kaaz LSD Oil 80W90 | Demon Tweeks
Otherwise give opie oils a message , they are normally very happy to help with any oil questions and very knowledgable when it comes to recommending what oil to use on your specific car /spec

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Something like this should do ok mate Kaaz LSD Oil 80W90 | Demon Tweeks
Otherwise give opie oils a message , they are normally very happy to help with any oil questions and very knowledgable when it comes to recommending what oil to use on your specific car /spec

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk
Cheers fella. I spoke to driftworks yesterday about oils. Seems like the same story though, everyone has their own preference. I don't know what diff is in there without opening it up and trying to find a part No. A few people on different threads on here seem to go with 75w140 for 2way. Driftworks told me that if it has a nismo which torque seem to think it is as it isn't too snappy, I need the 75w140...

I don't really want to have to take it apart if I can help it because it seems like it could be a bit of a pain to do.

I ordered some oil that the majority seem to say.

Motul gear comp. LSD 75W-140
Redline MT90 75W-90