Uh oh she wont start!!

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
www.ejmcarphotography.co.uk
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Probably not tonight now as my husband read something saying a low enough battery can apparently affect firing ... so the batteries on charge as we speak and ill try again tomorrow... if no luck ill do a video for you. Thanks so much for the reply :)

Reaction score
Country
Fuel pump seems pretty likely as first thing to check. Can you hear it prime when turning on the ignition prior to cranking? If it blows a fuse the pump might have died. Doesn't hurt to check if any other fuses have blown. An ECU fuse blowing might show a similar symptoms. If you have an immobilizer that disables the the fuel pump or ECU circuits that could easily be the culprit. I had that symptom when I had an S14 and my immobilizer was 2-circuit job that disabled the fuel pump and ECU (the starter disable was left up to the OEM alarm) and it turned out the immobilizer died (it was a crap brand).

Reaction score
Country
What alarm do you have? Is the car immobilised? Did you get out, lock the car and try again?

If the engine was was turning over well then it shouldn't be the battery.

does the fuel pump prime? You should be able to hear a whine when you turn the ignition on coming from the boot?

if you only drove it a short distance last time it was used it could be flooded perhaps. Can fix this by removing the fuel pump fuse and turning it over for a few seconds, replace fuse and try to start it again.

Reaction score
Country
if you only drove it a short distance last time it was used it could be flooded perhaps. Can fix this by removing the fuel pump fuse and turning it over for a few seconds, replace fuse and try to start it again.
I remember reading that the S14 could do that due to an ECU bug that made incorrect assumptions about recent activity that affects re-starting - I also thought it was fixed for the S15. Either way, good workaround if it happens.

dread

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@dread839
Have you stuck a multimeter on the fuel pump wires and tried to prime it? if you get power then pull the pump and connect it straight to a battery or power probe and see if it has any life in it. One of my cars blew a pump recently, took me a while to figure out the pump was bust.

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Are pumps a known issue? I was sure it was priming but I think my fella got fed up with me and gutted the interior and unplugged the pump put it all together again and voila she started :-/ Maybe the pumps on the way out I don't know or maybe she was flooded but I honestly don't know how she would've been id not done anything Imo that usually causes flooding ... either way she has started so fingers crossed she will again ... am watching fuel pumps on ebay just in case ;-p

Reaction score
Country
Glad you sorted it. By a walbro 255 and then you won't have anything to worry about. If your tuning it you'll need an updated fuel pump so double excuse to change it :)

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Thanks for the support and advice :D
The one I am watching is walbro but JDM virgin you make a good point I have every intention of tuning her up soon as I'm no longer paying Nursery fees lmao so it'll be a good start, slowly doing bits at a time :)