What's new

Wheel Fitment

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Couldn't get photobucket to work last night, but managed to get a couple uploaded this morning

let me know what you think.
What do you have planned for when you get yours? and I know how you feel there used to be a guy that lived down the road from me with a grey one reg was S15JPN :O Then he sold it for a 5 series beemer from what I remember :doh:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
very nice! mind me asking how much you got it for from TorqueGT? im assessing my budget right now.

cant believe someone would swap an S15 for a 5 series :D may be comfier; but couldnt have made a bigger downgrade in character.

i got the whole build almost planned out! start with basics like finding a sweet plate like S15JPN and installing some Defi gauges for oil pressure/temp. then gonna work on the brakes. keeping stock calipers but going to get better discs and pads (yellowstuff or Ferodo), braided lines and better fluid.

next would be coilovers and wheels hence my recent posts. want to lower it a bit and get it looking sexy.

then exhaust system. gonna do it as i get the money spare in order: cat back, decat, twin downpipe. maybe manifold later too but not essential

then on to the engine and transmission i reckon. FMIC, injectors, fuel pump, coil pack etc etc with proper ECU mapping along the way. new clutch and lightweight flywheel also

overall a pretty standard progression i think. just planning so i can make sure all parts i add compliment each other

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Well I started with a budget of around £12-13K and after I had bid on a few handful of cars and lost out on them Darren very kindly told me I was being a bit unrealistic with my budget as I wanted low millage compared to uk cars (This one is 32k miles if i remember correctly) and as clean as possible not heavily modded, cause I wanted to do my own thing. When you do get down to it bare in mind a full aero car will usually cost around around 1-2 grand more against a same spec, year ect car without. Ill hopefully be going widebody so that didn't really bother me but to begin with I was looking at aero, low millage (less than 30k) super clean cars, with as little as possible only tasteful mods and they were going for 17-18k all in.

That sounds like a pretty similar idea to what I have at the moment. I did try to buy the plate of him but he wouldn't sell it :eek:hwell: I kind of want mine to look like if nissan did a mad track version of the s15 but kept classy if that's possible. So many ideas in my head though.

Reaction score
Country
interesting as my budget was 12k for a clean one too. I also want full aero but dont think ill mod the body work. maybe a spolier swap later but not sure yet. im not so fussed on mileage as the SR20 is solid so up to 100k is fine for me. as long as they check it and its in good nick ill take good care of it forever more :)

Reaction score
The SR20 is solid as long as the previous owners weren't idiots and serviced the car properly. Unfortunately i think the previous owners of mine had little mechanical sympathy and were a little lax on the servicing. Despite me never ragging it cold and regular oil changes, the big ends still let go at circa 100k (miles).

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Yeah you could probably get an aero with higher millage (70-80k) for around 13-14 from what I was looking at. The other thing to bear in mind is when the car gets to the uk you'll need around another 400-800 quid for alarm, underseal and tires if necessary. I was quoted £320 for alarm and fitting, £24 for delimiting and £180 for the full underseal (not under fuel tank or rear sub frame, however they have attachments to get in box sections and once its done you wont have to touch it. I also needed two tires which was about £120. all from torque which when I looked into it was actually a very decent price and well worth it.

The other thing to note is if you can get a non aero car in budget but with better spec and millage ect, you could get all the aero parts after so it spreads the cost. I imagine around £1500 for full aero painted unless you get some decent used bits.

Reaction score
Country
yeh i was trying to get one with a good history or maintenance but its difficult with imports. just gotta hope TorqeGT are good at spotting any issues before they buy it.. how much was the fix when it went?

The SR20 is solid as long as the previous owners weren't idiots and serviced the car properly. Unfortunately i think the previous owners of mine had little mechanical sympathy and were a little lax on the servicing. Despite me never ragging it cold and regular oil changes, the big ends still let go at circa 100k (miles).

Reaction score
Well when things break on my car that's just an excuse for me to upgrade, so i rebuilt the engine with forged rods and pistons and acl race bearing, Nismo RAS etc so it wasn't cheap.

Reaction score
Country
good point. i had almost forgotten about the alarm. torque did that too? pretty useful. i heard about the dinitrol for £180 too which i was going to go for. dont wanna risk it with our salty roads.

what tyres you stick on out of interest?

good point re buying aero parts too. i shall investigate that more

Yeah you could probably get an aero with higher millage (70-80k) for around 13-14 from what I was looking at. The other thing to bear in mind is when the car gets to the uk you'll need around another 400-800 quid for alarm, underseal and tires if necessary. I was quoted £320 for alarm and fitting, £24 for delimiting and £180 for the full underseal (not under fuel tank or rear sub frame, however they have attachments to get in box sections and once its done you wont have to touch it. I also needed two tires which was about £120. all from torque which when I looked into it was actually a very decent price and well worth it.

The other thing to note is if you can get a non aero car in budget but with better spec and millage ect, you could get all the aero parts after so it spreads the cost. I imagine around £1500 for full aero painted unless you get some decent used bits.

Reaction score
Country
awesome. tbh thats my plan too. if the engine goes i was planning to do a good rebuild with forged internals. how much that run you? i was looking aroud 1.5k budget based on a couple of rebuild threads i saw elsewhere. all this is still cheaper than an m-sport BMW or Audi RS which were my initial plans ;)

Well when things break on my car that's just an excuse for me to upgrade, so i rebuilt the engine with forged rods and pistons and acl race bearing, Nismo RAS etc so it wasn't cheap.

Reaction score
Nismo RAS 130
Gaskets, water pump, oil pump, bearings etc 750
Forged rods and pistons 600

Then labour on top, can be done cheaper using different branded parts.

Reaction score
Country
i could live those costs if they were at least a year down the line. i plan to keep this car for a long time so have accepted its likely to happen at some point. at least when its back to a zero-mile engine i can mother the crap out of it and it will run forever :D

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Torque GT know what they are doing and they have been so helpful with everything but I remember how it felt placing my trust and money in some guy I had only emailed a few times
yeh i was trying to get one with a good history or maintenance but its difficult with imports. just gotta hope TorqeGT are good at spotting any issues before they buy it.. how much was the fix when it went?
They have a bunch of guys in japan check over the cars thoroughly before bidding and if it doesnt meet their high expectations they purely wont bid.

Well when things break on my car that's just an excuse for me to upgrade
perfect way of thinking!

i had almost forgotten about the alarm. torque did that too?
yeah they use Toad ai606 or something like that which by the looks of it is a super quality system and they fit them all the time so they are good at it :smile:

I know garage d sells the aero front bumpers new S15 Silvia AERO front bumper - Interior & Exterior - Online Store about £830? which is pretty good as all the used ones ive found are pretty beaten up and still around £600-700 mark.

if the engine goes i was planning to do a good rebuild with forged internals. how much that run you? i was looking aroud 1.5k budget based on a couple of rebuild threads i saw elsewhere. all this is still cheaper than an m-sport BMW or Audi RS which were my initial plans
Peglio may be able to help with an idea of cost for a rebuild I know he is looking at doing his sr20 soon?

Reaction score
Peglio's rebuild is going to be sooo far from just a forged re-build though, when i spoke to him (buiying a Nismo downpipe off of him) it was quite an extensive extreme build if i remember correctly.

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Yeah that is true but if you blow a motor and need a rebuild anyway there is always the option to go 2.2l Stroker kit. I would be interested to see the price difference between that and a forged build with all the parts.