What's new

Fuel system

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Doing some research ATM trying to find out what sort of fuel system I would need for 6-700hp: are external fuel pumps and swirl pots necessary ? I want to make sure it's fuelling as safely as possible with some decent headroom .
Are there any in tank pumps capable of fuelling this sort of power safely ?

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
You could maybe use a twin pump tank setup. Mighty car mods built a v8 turbo stagea with twin pump setup and I'm sure that was rated higher than what the engine was capable of as it was a n/a they'd turbo'd. Might be a good place to start?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah I'm considering having the walbro In tank pump still then have an in line Bosch 044 and maybe a swirl pot . Just want to make sure there is always enough fuel ! Defo something to look into

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
Im into the same kinda thing at the moment as I will be running the same kinda of power. I was thinking an external pump and swirl pot would be a good idea. Maybe over kill for the road but I was thinking about being safe on the track.
Fancied something like this as an all in one unit feed from the tank by the intank walbro.
Twin Bosch 044 Fuel Pumps+ HighFlow Filter Manifold Cradle Swirl Pot Assembly | eBay
Got stuff from those guys before and the seem quite good.
out of intrest whats your plan with teh rear axal and diff?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cheers for the info guys, both look like good options. Yes after reading up I agree twin would be the way forward for this ! Rather be ott than starve it .
I don't think it's overkill really, with the amount of money being spent on the engine I can't skimp on fuelling and management .
I have upgraded the rear to gtr shafts and nismo 1.5 way diff , been on the car a while and seem a solid upgrade hoping they should take the abuse of the extra power !

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
cool, any particuler GTR shafts or are they all the same? was it a straight swap and did you use the s15 diff case or a GTR one? im running standard at teh moment and prob will till it brakes, have to get the engine in and running before i satrt changing other bits. (thats the plan anyway).

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
cool, any particuler GTR shafts or are they all the same? was it a straight swap and did you use the s15 diff case or a GTR one? im running standard at teh moment and prob will till it brakes, have to get the engine in and running before i satrt changing other bits. (thats the plan anyway).
From memory I got an r32 diff and shafts from a gtr and had the internals swapped into the S15 casing . I think they are the same 32/33 tbh I broke 3/4 diffs and 2 sets of shafts before fitting this and had no issues since ! Ha ha I went the other way round , did all the chassis stuff sorted and body etc too now doing the engine !!