What's new

S15 Seats

A

Anubis

Again with the questions :)

Has anyone taken the drivers seat apart before?

As in... if you look at the Service manual you can take it right apart to the base bits.

I am asking this because my seat has generated an annoying spring squeak in the back rest.
Only happens when you arch your lower back forward... and squeaks... annoys the crap out of me... but the thing is... I don't know what Ill do once I take it apart..... grease it? cotton ball it? no idea.... any suggestions?

Thanks

P

PhilV

get some BRIDE's for that proper japanese look ha ha, actually my mates NSX has BRIDE seats in it, looks lovely! dunno what model tho

A

Anubis

But it's an annoying squeak!!!

I don't know if taking it apar t will help... ill get to the spring that squeaks and be like "Well what the hell do I do now?"

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I get the same squeak, but only when i lean forward as you said, so i just dont lean forward :D.

I would love some Bride seats as the look amazing, but there to expensive.

S

silviac

Well, I took it apart few times and it surely is annoying job. It wasn't for sqeaking sound though.

once you take those four bolts off and seatbelt wire, i think there are two bolt on door side. You can take off the plastic cover. then you will fine hinge which may create squeaky sound.

If that doensn't help, then you will have to take the skin off which is more pain in the finger... and enter from the back of seat..

A

Anubis

I figured it would be a pain.

Still not sure what ii would do to stop the noise.