What's new

S15 warm up

A

Anubis

Hey ppl.

How long does your s15 take to warm up?

Mine seems to warm up really quickly. Like... start car... drive (take it real easy) for about 4-5 kms doing roughly 60km/h and by the end of 5 kms or so... the temp gauge is right in the middle.

Also... on any day hotter than 30 degrees... the thermos activate when pulling off. EG... idle... no fans.... as soon as the acc pedal is started to be pushed... the fans rev up with the engine and it sounds like an aircon.

Does the car warm up quicker due to being turbo?

Reason being... it take my mum's corolla... or other cars quite a while to get warmed up.... maybe 7 to 10kms taking it easy.

Basically just want to know the s15 doesnt have a stuffed thermo or radiator/cooling parts. It has done this since i bought it and nissan have serviced it twice and haven't noticed anything abnormal.
It's stock too.. .so it's not due to mods or anything.

Thanks

Last edited:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
yes the S15 does tend to warm very quick even on a cold day i know most cars tend to take a little longer to warm up iam not sue what its down to but it does warm up pretty quick

Reaction score
charge temps? turbo cars always seem to warm up quicker than others....

not sure if S15's have them.... but i've heard of a "valve" that slows the rate of flow down in the water cool system, to decrease warm up times! :)

Reaction score
you do realise that when the temp guage is sitting in the middle it means that the engine temp has only reached about 45deg C. And funnily enough it won't move from there untill the temps hit about 90-100deg C.

I have a Defi water temp guage and I wait till my thermostat opens at about 74deg C before I start giving it a good thrashing

A

Anubis

But should the thermo fans start up so quickly?

I assume it thermo fans as in when i start to apply acc pedal... the fans fire up with the engine as it gets more revs.

S

SX2002

S15 Warm up

My wife has an N16 Series 4 Pulsar, it warms up just as quick as my S15...a few ks only.

T

tass15

the reason the sr20 warms up so quick is due to it being an aluminium block, conducts heat to coolant/other parts quickly. as dcoghlan said, i wait for temp guage in top hose to register 60-70 degrees before getting 'enthused' lol

Reaction score
Country
I usually take it easy for first 10 mins before I give it any trashing. Water temp might be warmed up but engine oil takes pretty long time to warm up