What's new

Front mount & DV

Reaction score
Hey guys thinking of ordering a front mount either blitz lm or a greddy one anything i shold know bout them before buying.

Also gonna buy a hks ssqv dv but was wondering do i need to get a car specific kit one or can i just buy the unit and plum it onto the front mount?

Regards
Rab

Reaction score
just one with a big fat pipe.... then just host it into the point on your cold pipe. :)

T

TonyS15

I dunno about other S15OC members on the issues of dump valves but i certainly for one will not be fitting a DV to mine after hearing alot of advice on the SXOC......

As for Front mounts, i guess there is always gonna be fiddling when fitting either the washer bottle or the front bumper will defo need doing, also fog lights will have to go with some kits....from what perfectrun say?
With regard to FMIC i am currently goin to purchase one and herd good stories about the greddy ones.

Reaction score
fitted a greddy bov and hks eids totally different car to drive! wont be going back to the recirc valve anytime soon! Also im not a fan of the pssssst noise so the greddy is nice and quiet but the car revs totally different.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
ive got the Greddy FMIC with a HKS SSQ blow off valve...
but mine is not welded onto the hot pipe just in where the old blow off valve sits
with the greddy kit i got no major cutting needed at all comes with all the bits u need to have the kit fitted as u have to turn the washer bottle around and you have to bend or cut away either side just behind the Fmic to get it to fit
here a pic of the greddy FMIC i have fitted

Reaction score
nice looking intercooler sushiming think might be having one of those whats the proper name for it? is there a connection for the dv on the cold side there in the intercoller piping?So could i just buy the ssqv without the fitting kit?

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Re-Circed bov is much better for drivabliltiy than an atmos bov :nod:, you dont get the jurking when coming off the throttle with the re-circ.

As for the front mount, mine came on the car so havent really looked at how well/bad it fits. Its a Blitz one, i know that much.

Reaction score
the jerking and stalling is easily solved with the hks eids, got mine for €30 problem solved. :D

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Is that the electrical gadget you spoke about before that keeps the revs up instead of falling away as it normally would?

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
yup the one in my pic is the Spec M which is a good fit not needing to really cut anything just the two sides next to the fmic either bend or cut them...

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
IIRC, the EIDS is an electronic gadget that adjusts your cars idle to stop if from stalling. Do a search, i'm sure someone posted a link etc for it previously