What's new

S15 Coolant leak.

Reaction score
Country
Last week I decided to change my exhaust manifold and Cat back exhaust. After crawling around underneath I noticed a coolant leak dribbling onto the subframe but looks to be coming from under the inlet manifold. I've done a search on here and Google and can't really see much info on it.

I've brought a replacement inlet manifold gasket from conceptua tuning ready to whip it off but would love some more info (other than the pics on Google) of what's actually down there as I believe it is the coolant lines to the heater matrix.

Ive gone as far as looking around the engine bay up top and underneath but can't see anything other than coolant dribbling off the subframe.
Whislt the inlet manifold is off I'll be replacing the 75mm throttle body with a 60mm S spec throttle body and cleaning out the idle air control valve.

Still have a few things to do with gearbox oil change to the shock proof kit, fuel filter change and fitting rocker stoppers now the maps been delayed even longer hopefully I'll get them all done in time.

Reaction score
Country
100% coolant feed to the turbo. I had the exact same thing with mine. The stock pipes are copper hard pipes and they normally go around the union. You can buy braided oil and water lines for the turbo for around 60 quid. you will need to take the Turbo and manifold off to do this though. and have plenty of plasters to hand :)

CMR

Reaction score
Country
As above. Same thing on my old s15. I very very much doubt it will anything other than the coolant turbo line

Reaction score
Country
100% coolant feed to the turbo. I had the exact same thing with mine. The stock pipes are copper hard pipes and they normally go around the union. You can buy braided oil and water lines for the turbo for around 60 quid. you will need to take the Turbo and manifold off to do this though. and have plenty of plasters to hand :)
I remember on my old S14A being naive enough to assume it was the copper washers that had gone where it meets the turbo. Unbolted the nut and the end of the pipe just fell off onto the floor :D