What's new

Aero rear spats info

Reaction score
Country
I'm trying to find out the dimensions for the aero spats (Height, width, length) however i can't find anything for the life of me.
does anyone have the info at hand or is anyone in a position to measure them?
i'd be looking for extremities to extremities (think of it like a box).
This has the potential to be helpful to the community over the next year or 2.
any help is appreciated.

Reaction score
Country
A friend of mine wants to try and see how they turn out.
Although I'm not trying to stand on your toes or anything ��

Reaction score
Country
well i can tell you from experience that they come out pretty well :) I made some ages ago but haven't got around to mounting them yet. they came out spot on. My advice to you though would be depending on the material is to firstly seal it with 2k lacquer BEFORE primer or painting because if the weather gets into them they will go brittle in no time. Secondly DO NOT BAKE THEM AFTER PAINTING. I told my painter this but he did it anyway and backed them at 60 degrees...yes the paint was rock hard but they warped so much i had to put them in my oven in the kitchen at home then quickly tape them to the car so they cooled in shape.

and no not stepping on my toes :) 3D printing= witchcraft haha

Reaction score
Country
Awesome. Thanks for the advice.
Out of curiosity what kind of printing size do you have? I'm trying to figure out if his will be capable. He has 400mm x 400mm x 450mm.
Planning to use ABS.
The spats are impossible to find so we figured we would try and make our own ��

Reaction score
Country
So you're going to be using an FDM machine then I assume? taht should be a big enough envelope but you'll only be able to do 1 at a time I think. the machine that made the spats for me was 400 x 800 x 750mm