What's new

1.5 Way LSD Recommendations

Reaction score
Country
Hi All,

I am currently looking to purchase a 1.5 way diff. I was considering the Nismo GT LSD PRO - 38420-RSS15-D5 or the Kaaz
Anyone any experience with these or similar that could make some recommendations.

Cheers
:wave:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Nismo mate. Kaaz one is pretty harsh from what I have heard . I know a few running the nismo and its spot on for road and track

Reaction score
Country
I ended up getting it from RHDJapan

Cost €879.08 merkel schmekels
€104 schmeckels shipping

And will probably get hit with a customs charge on that when it arrives of around 150-200. A friend ordered some stuff as well so we split the shipping and such

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
I'm using an ats carbon 1.5way and my mate has the nismo 2 way carbon, both are very quiet/minimal chattering using on the street, only at tight turns you can feel the diff kicking in

Reaction score
Country
Awesome man, i think I've made the right choice for sure .

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
yeah, I have read that about some diffs. Will certainly try to get them in. According to Nismo they reckon just driving slowly and keep driving / cornering etc below 40mph (whaaaaaat):cry: for 180 miles with no quick maneuvers (whaaaaaat):annoyed:.Pretty sure it does the same thing. There are not too many places one can go and do figure 8's :wack:

Reaction score
If you can find a big car park or open space, I did mine on the top floor of a shopping centre car park after hours..

Reaction score
Country
Plan is to to do the slow driving and then wait till the evening time to find a shopping centre car park. I have been scouring the car parks near by but they are all patrolled / 24 hour most of the time. Living fairly central in London is a bit of a pain. (docklands) but a piece of tarmac out there awaits. I can feel it.

Reaction score
Country
Yeah definitely do some figure 8's, i went to one of my friend's workshop and just did 30 mins of figure 8s to run in the diff, change the oil out immediately though cause the diff oil is very filthy after run in

Reaction score
Country
Just converted my Tomei 2 way to a 1.5 way using Kaaz pressure rings, Kaaz no. 71264-142.
May be useful for someone else :)

Reaction score
Country
Just converted my Tomei 2 way to a 1.5 way using Kaaz pressure rings, Kaaz no. 71264-142.
May be useful for someone else :)
Hey sorry to bring up an old post but was wondering how this feels now from a 2 way? Is it less clunky around slow speeds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
I use a nismo in a 1.5 way and although it has the odd clunk here and there, its for the most part fairly quiet, makes some noises when you hooning hard and banging down the gears, but doesn't lock, definitely very driveable

Sent from my PLUS using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Thanks. I think I'll go 1.5 way aswell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Yeah it seemed the best of both worlds, you get to do some sweet duggits, but its completely driveable as well

Sent from my PLUS using Tapatalk