What's new

opinions/recommendations/help...?

Reaction score
Country
Hi! After doing research on here and SXOC and finding many older posts about coilovers I wanted to know what people are currently running?
Intended use for car is fast road/track.

My newly imported car currently has Apexi N1 2000spec coilovers on it which I suspect might have seen better days as I have no idea if they've ever been rebuilt, the locking collars on the rear are jammed in position, the tops are rusty on the front and I can't seem to adjust the damping (but I might not be doing it right - I think they adjust at the top of the strut??? newbie to this coilover stuff!) also the coilovers struggle to cope with anything but a perfectly smooth camber-free road (bounces around, rear unsettles and lifts).

So what can you recommend?! I've heard about HSD Monopros? And BC racing???? And CS2s???? My budget is less than £1000...

Also, can anyone recommend an alloy wheel refurb place - my Nismo LM GT4s need a bit of love - preferably around Nottingham??????

Cheers!

Chris

Reaction score
Country
I was once told i should first find out what i needed. If you only want to lower your car and get it slightly stiffer then you dont need fully adjustable coils, however if you are going to be spending alot of time on the track and really want/need adjustable coils you should spend some money on a proper set the first time around. Depending on how serious you are you should also get the shocks dynoed. I hear alot of people run BC and HSD, but never heard of anyone that dynoed them and belive you for the most part get what you pay for. Also think most proper adjustable coils will be in the £1500 price range.

I ended up going with KW Variant 3 adjustables, cost me £1600 but have only heard good things about them. Use my car mainly as a weekend/trackday car.

Reaction score
Country
I use D-MAX Super Streets: http://www.dmax-cs.com/en/1_1sus-2_ss.html

~60% of S-chassis owners at the drift days I go to here use them. They are dirt cheap compared to many other coilovers, but are high quality and offer a lot of performance. 32-level adjustable dampers, and can go way higher or lower than my old Tein coilovers did.
I got them for 65000yen brand new (~$650 USD).

Last edited: