What's new

GReddy oil filter relocation kit leaking..

Reaction score
Country
Anybody had there's leaking. Was thinking of taking it apart and applying some PTFE tape on the threads but it doesn't seam to be leaking from there but more like the blue anodised male connectors seal.
Anybody shed some light on this? Thanks

Reaction score
It shouldn't be, I have this kit and it seals really well, just check you hoses because its easy to crimp the "O" ring seals when fitting the connections

Reaction score
Country
I've brought the car with it on and I've had a look, tightened it up a little more and it's leaking tiny amounts now but I'm tempted to get some more connectors

Reaction score
Country
Took them off for all who where wondering. Earls fittings had stripped on removal so had no alternative than to re tap/thread file them till they went in correctly and smoothly along with wrapping all the threads in PTFE tape and a new seal on the oil filter housing it's self. All good now. Thanks

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Mate, where did you buy this? Thinking of one for my car as it would make life handier

Reaction score
Country
Be careful what filter you use with this kit as the standard ones can blow off!!!

Reaction score
Country
I use a Alfa 164 oil filter from euro car parts. £2.50 and it's a direct fit. So cheap I've brought a stock up ahaha