What's new

Porsche Panamera brake kit

Reaction score
Country
Hi All

I have an option to purchase a brake kit from a Panemera. 6 pot fronts, 4 pot rears.

Few questions though.
The original rotors were 360/330

Would you say a 356 rotor would be ok as well?
Whats the best place to get brackets made up?
Would you recommend changing the brake cylinders? If so to which ones?

Considering its just the calipers I'll be getting, anything other than the lines, brackets and rotors I will need?

Any potential issues you see with this setup or perhaps I've missed something obvious as in it just wont work. Any input is always appreciated

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Have a word with Dan at Tdc garage used to be Db power , he used to make brake kit upgrade kits and is hel authorised so will be able to do your lines etc and help with the kit itself I'm sure . I work next door to him he is a good lad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Awesome, cheers for that, I'll drop him a line and see what he thinks. By the way I been eyeing up your D2's as well...

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
That's a good point , I will do a test fitment of my current wheels on a big brake kit car to check fitment first and before I part with my shillings.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I run 256 MM 8 pots on 18's ha ha I'm tempted to sell you mine as I really want some project mu

Reaction score
Country
haha, man I was just looking at them last night for ages. They do look sick, but the prices made me pucker up somewhat.....

I run 256 MM 8 pots on 18's ha ha I'm tempted to sell you mine as I really want some project mu

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
haha, man I was just looking at them last night for ages. They do look sick, but the prices made me pucker up somewhat.....
Ha ha same as that dude, still not sure I can afford it but I'm tempted to try ! My mates Mrs now works at Alcon so that maybe another option ...

sammos13

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I'm running 355mm discs (370z) with Brembo F50 brembo caliper under a 18" volk racing TE37, fair amount of clearance still as well. clearance will depend a lot on wheel design.

not sure on the piston sizes on the 6pot from the panamera but need to check the bias ratio see if it still suits the car and also the mount of fluid displacement needed, don't want to end up with an epically long pedal ! what master cylinder are you running at the minute?

Rears are more problematic if you can have converted to under drum hand brake, mainly as disc options are limited unless you custom, if you stick with S15 hand brake set up style you will need to run a separate caliper for the hand brake.

radial to lug mount cailper brackets are easy enough to have manufactured.

Reaction score
Country
My thinking behind the panamera brakes was the weight distribution of the car is pretty much on par with the 15, my tyre sizes are equal if not bigger, coupled with the stock master cylinder I would have thought the bias would be ok. however the surface area of the pistons I did not take into account so much. S15 is around the 162mm piston area per caliper and the panamera is in the 190-205 range. Will definitely have to look into this a little more though as the pedal feel / travel etc obviously has to be right. I'm still learning but will get there in the end.:(

Hand brake info is great, cheers, I was not aware of that. :thumbs: