Country
Hi
Can any one help me out ?
I've just installed a garret gt2871r on a tubular manifold with new turbo elbow
I haven't changed anything else
This is just to get me Horsham devlopments to get it mapped

Basilcy it's not idling right
It drops nearly cuts out and goes back up but stutters
I've checked coolant it's running the right temp and everything is okay apart from this
Any help at all ?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
I put the original back in as it is a used elbow but it wasn't damaged I have a spair sensor I'll swap it over and see what happens

Also I haven't got a port for the rocket cover oil breather line to go into the intake pipe anymore so it's just vented it atmosphere would this cause any problems

Thanks again for the help

Reaction score
I dont think my rocker cover breather goes to the intake pipe. i replaced my intake pipe with a custom hard pipe and there wasn't a pipe going from the rocker cover to the original intake pipe as far as i can remember, unless it was modified before i was the owner,

Reaction score
Country
I've now sorted the idle out
But I took the car for a drive stayed out of boost for obvious reasons
All temps are fine But when I got back the car was juddering and a small amount of smoke/exhuast gas / steam was coming out towards the back of the turbo
It sounded rough as well
Anyone have any history of this ?
I know it won't run right until the map next Friday but surely it should idle and run off boost correctly
Is there anything I can do to make sure I can drive it safely ?
Please any help ?

Reaction score
Can't help with the current problem, but might be worth sharing what was wrong with te idle and how you fixed it. It could be useful to future members who suffer the same issue.

Reaction score
Country
I think it was just due to not enough coolant after loosing a bit changing the turbo and the vac hoose coming from the front of the rocker cover not being connected to the intake pipe
I belive it needs the vacuum from the turbo
Otherwise it's like having a boost leak
I think

Reaction score
Website
www.crossbarryprecision.com
Country
Yep, have the same issue due to no breather pipe being directed back into the turbo. Does'nt effect me as much though (only when idling at cold start up, it hesitates when I accelerate) i'll pipe it up when I get the motivation as it does act like a boost leak even though I have perfect vaccum