What's new

Aero fitting spoiler to smooth boot

Keifer1903

Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Ive had a search about the forum and google aswell but nothing comes to a definite answer that I need.

My s15 has a smooth boot and want to fit a aero spoiler to it to complete the aero kit. my question is will the mounting holes still be visable from underneath the boot? Surely Nissan would just skim a layer over a non smooth boot for optional extra factor. Am I correct in thinking that? or could anyone should be a guide to mounting the aero spoiler in the right place on a smooth boot as previous thread the pictures didn't work.

Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Country
I noticed your in Scotland if your in the central belt area your more than welcome to come and look at mines

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Keifer1903

Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Thanks for offer mate but car isn't in country till mid March and I'm in Falklands until end of March so bit of a issue there any chance you could post a pic of underside of the boot? And anyone with smooth boot pic of underside of thiers

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
www.ejmcarphotography.co.uk
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
just an idea --- lots of people seem to prefer the "de-spoilered" look, so is it worth asking if anyone wants to swap? It will save them hassle and money finding a good bodyshop to do it and will save you the hassle of trying to get it to fit right - and you have time too if its still not in the country yet :) Unless you already have the spoiler, then thats not a good idea at all lol :)

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
I've got a boot which i just took off my spoiler, i search of smooth booth, fancy a swap (im from the Netherlands btw)

Keifer1903

Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Yeah sourced a spoiler mate

Got the pics mate. Got some off a mate and gave me exact answer I wanted that the recess for holes is there it's just not drilled all way through on smooth boots so no chance of fitting spoiler in wrong place.

S15 Spec R

Reaction score
Website
Www.sealedperformance.co.uk
Country
Instagram
@Sealedperformance
Thread throw back! No need to make a new thread as this one already exists. Has anyone got any actual measurements for the bolt holes or any tips on the way they have done this? Im in exactly the same position. I have a smooth lid with aero spoiler but want to drill the lid and get the spoiler fitted

Keifer1903

Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
No need for measureents mate, the recess holes are there for the bolts to go in just needs lined up and bolted on. ill get some pics added when I get a chance to show exactly what I mean

Keifer1903

Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country

Sorry took so long mate been out the country. They grey boot is smooth and the black spoiler'd so can work out where they fit in

S15 Spec R

Keifer1903

Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Could get done thin foam from hardware shop? Mine has the standard foam on it to fit

Nissan Silvia Spec R Aero S15